• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

New Member List & Member Map   02/12/2017

Implemented both a new Member List and Member Map.  See News & Announcements for more details.
    • Kent

Chat Room is down   05/06/2017

IPS has just discontinued their built-in chat on May 1st.  I am still testing alternatives that will integrate cleanly.  Sorry for the disruption!  
Machineguy

9020 rescue

18 posts in this topic

My first little tractor resto. I got this in October of last year and it's coming along great. Moved under its own power last Sunday for the first time since 1998!! I'm obsessed with this thing!! There's not many of these here in Southwest Virginia that I've seen. 

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Man, it's really coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it all painted up, decaled and moving !

oh...and welcome sir. Good group of tractor junkies here!

Edited by jimmystractor
1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, jimmystractor said:

oh...and welcome sir. Good group of tractor junkies here!

Yeah the best on the net, Looking good tractor

2 people like this

Thanks guys! I've rapidly learned a lot about these Simplicity tractors and I'm really enjoying it. The 9020 was purchased new by my father in-law's best friend in 1980 right down the road here. My father in-law bought it from him in 1989 and used it until 1998 when wiring and other issues sidelined it. I got it from the tractor shed he parked it in back in 1998. I met my wife in 99 and it had just always sat there with flat tires since we met. He only reason he let it go is because I promised to restore it and use it. The wife grew up around it and I love the fact that I've been able to save this thing. The guy that bought it new doesn't know what I've done to it yet. Him and the father in-law have a large farm with a cabin they own together and I'm going to surprise the guy by going down to mow before a cookout this summer. I love some American steel!!! 

This is what we call a big tractor at work. For reference, I'm 6'-2" tall and the top of my head barely comes to the center of the drive sprocket!! D11T certified CAT rebuild. I prefer my "Simple Tractor" rebuild!! Lol

IMG_0573.JPG

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The original rear wheels were filled with sodium chloride in the 80's and the wheels are rusted badly. When I pumped them up after sitting so long a portion of the bead area broke off and scared the heck outta me. Luckily all of the tires held air long enough to move it on and off the trailer. The front wheels and tires are trailer spares I had sitting around and the rears are 32" tsl Swampers I had on my old K10 Chevy. I simply clocked the 6 on 6" pattern for the Simplicity hubs centered between the existing 6 on 5-1/2 and drilled them. This wasn't a planned selection but I had everything and it worked well while debugging and getting it going. I get a crazy response from people when I tell them I have super Swampers on my project mower! 

Edited by Machineguy

Nice job   I like all of your toys...keep us updated   the paint job so far looks great...the hood is going to be a challenge, but it looks like you know what you are doing with this good luck

1 person likes this