• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Site will be down Thurssday 10/19/17 for maintenance   10/18/2017

The site will be updated to the latest major release of the core software.. Due to the number of add-ons, the site may be down for a few hours.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Machineguy

9020 deck modifications

8 posts in this topic

It was regarding different blades & adding a center baffle to the Powermax decks if I remember correctly before it went away.  I have never used my mower deck so I couldn't confirm or deny that it would make a difference.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, 

I put the wrong picture up and thought I had dumped the whole topic. I guess not!! 

What I was referring to was the large air gap at the front of the deck between the blades and deck. The blades hang lower than the deck and I wanted to know if anyone had experience with adding auxiliary baffles to promote more lift and chute velocity? I upgraded to much heavier Dixie Chopper blades and I have the tools and materials to fabricate the parts I need. Just wanted to know if this is an endeavor worth taking on? I have a ZT and another little green mower but I want this 9020 to cut just as good as it's gonna look. Dixie Choppers are fast but just not as cool! Lol

IMG_1308.JPG

Edited by Machineguy

I understand what you are inquiring about but have not ever used the mower deck on mine.  It is a dedicated loader tractor.  From what I understand, they mow quite nice as long as there aren't many obstacles to maneuver around.   Steering over time gets loose & it may wander a bit if you are trying to make nice straight stripes.  As far as the "lift" goes, I'v seen where people have added conveyor belt material to the front & side of the deck to close that gap & to keep the grass from flying out the front of the deck only to end up stuck to the air filter. 

1 person likes this