• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

New Member List & Member Map   02/12/2017

Implemented both a new Member List and Member Map.  See News & Announcements for more details.
    • Kent

Chat Room is down   05/06/2017

IPS has just discontinued their built-in chat on May 1st.  I am still testing alternatives that will integrate cleanly.  Sorry for the disruption!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JD60

allis chalmers 7010 transmission problem

6 posts in this topic

I have an Allis Chalmers 7010, 6 speed with hi/lo.  Has a newly rebuilt motor and the shifter lever does move into all gears however the transmission does not move. Any suggestions on what would be causing this and a way to fix it would be greatly appeciated?

With the seat up and engine idling, are both pulleys on bevel gear box and transmission turning with clutch released and transmission in neutral?

Not sure if this matters this is a powershift. Not sure if there would still be pulleys in them? If there are where would they be located?

Are we talking an actual AC 7010 (i.e. 6-cylinder diesel farm tractor) or a simplicity-built 7010 garden tractor or perhaps an Allis 710 garden tractor?  Power Shift is a term used on the ag tractors...but they had more than 6 speeds, too.  Just confused on who the patient actually is.