• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Site will be down Thurssday 10/19/17 for maintenance   10/18/2017

The site will be updated to the latest major release of the core software.. Due to the number of add-ons, the site may be down for a few hours.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! Just recently picked up my second simplicity tractor. This time I have bought a 2210 Landlord. It is not the prettiest piece of equipment but I love it. The only problem is it doesn't start. When I bought it the guy said it ran but believed it had a wiring issue( grounding issue ) I brought it home and the only way I got the engine to turn over was by jumping the starter. I have recently replaced the battery, the two blown in line fuses( one coming from the key and the other going to a wire I think is for headlights. Btw I don't have headlights but replaced the fuse anyways so I didn't have to do it later.) and replaced the solenoid. I don't know what else could be the problem. After replacing all that I now get one click when I turn the key but the engine doesn't turn over. I was going to replace the voltage regulator and possibly replace all the wires but just curious to see what some of the experts on here think might be the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Also I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Did you replace battery with a new or used one? Have you charged and load tested the battery.  If it turned over by jumping the starter check the battery and make sure the connections are clean and tight. Check the connections at the ammeter as well. Maybe take them off and connect temporarily with a bolt to bypass ammeter. Good luck with repairs...Dave

Thank you but I haven't had a chance to work on it this weekend. I replaced the battery with a brand new battery but have a trickle charger so I will see if it is fully charged. Also I know that the ammeter isn't working either. When I turned the key the arrow pointed at zero and didn't move either way. I'm on my way to a baptism now so when I get home I will try bypassing the ammeter and cleaning the grounds and sureing up the terminals and connections. Thanks again and btw I haven't forgot I will take those pictures tonight as well.

I got it running today finally!! I wire brushed the grounds and replaced the positive terminal wire. The positive terminal wire was oxidized and corroded under the casing, which is why I replaced it. Ps. Finally posting those pictures today. She's not the prettiest but she drives beautifully. Thanks again for the help.

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

Nice job...nice tractor with great patina. Who cares what it looks like if it runs good...just ask Zippo about pretty tractors as his "Betty" is a fine example. O.o