Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rubber drive shaft bushing

McGill

Simplicity 725 I don't know what it's called but it is the metal round disk with the hard rubber spacer then another metal disk. It hooks the drive shaft to the gear box. 4 9/16th bolts with bushings. Is this part available? Thanks Dennis McGill

my simplicity dealer claims it was replaced years ago with the fiberglass disc and metal spacers. i once found a used one and wanting my tractor to be origional went to the trouble to put it in. i'll bet it lasted all of 45 minutes before i had the same problem again. Good luck!

I had to replace mine on my simp 725. I got them at Sandy Lake implement, cost about $15.00.Good luck John H

Put the back one in front and put the fiberglass one in the back where nobody can see it.I made new ones out of rubber belts cut with a hole saw and then drilled the holes on a indexing head.Put the metal disks on the out side of this.Hard to tell the difference.Bob

Sorry for the confusion, Sandy Lake has the fiber glass discs. Bob can you take a picture or draw a schematic of your set-up I'm sure it would be popular in the "do it yourself" section, John H

• 2 weeks later...