Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Foot dragger REVITALIZER BELT SIZE? Please help!

whistlefire

The belt you have is too long and not the proper one for your revitalizer. You have the belt routing right. If you take a piece of rope or cord and loop it around the pulleys in the same routing and tight into the pulleys you should be able to measure it's length to find a close size for the belt. Usually I then go to TSC Store or the equivalent and buy  three belts that are close in size. Take them home and fit one at a time to find right one. Return the other two. Problem solved. Good luck....Dave

• Like 1

9 hours ago, B10Dave said:

The belt you have is too long and not the proper one for your revitalizer. You have the belt routing right. If you take a piece of rope or cord and loop it around the pulleys in the same routing and tight into the pulleys you should be able to measure it's length to find a close size for the belt. Usually I then go to TSC Store or the equivalent and buy  three belts that are close in size. Take them home and fit one at a time to find right one. Return the other two. Problem solved. Good luck....Dave

good idea! thanks!

The foot dragger belt should be 8" shorter then the original belt assuming you are running a 5" pulley on your bevel gear box (BGB). The shorter belt is what I run on my B12 when I have the revitalizer on.

Edited by bowhunt4life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bowhunt4life said:

The foot dragger belt should be 8" shorter then the original belt assuming you are running a 5" pulley on your bevel gear box (BGB). The shorter belt is what I run on my B12 when I have the revitalizer on.

Thanks very much for your reply! I was hoping someone would have this info!

No problem. If you do have the 5" pulley I suggest getting a belt stop for the underside and then getting the double pulley belt guard that mounts above the BGB pulleys. This will ensure the belt stops when you disengage the tension.

FB_IMG_1491663251528.jpg

Edited by bowhunt4life
  • Like 1

Just for the people who may be searching this out, maybe they will stumble on this post...

bowhunt4life is correct the belt size needed for a foot dragger is 8" smaller that the 96" shown in the manuals. If you connect a revitlalizer to a simplicity 2010 or allis b-10 "style" tractor you need a 88" belt. That is also if the PTO pulley is the same size as the one that drives you mower deck. 

Edited by whistlefire