Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7016 six speed

a_sannine

Another one owner beast , owner bought it new , died on him two years ago , after a quick inspection  , tractor lost spark , all service records and manuals since new , plus a bag filled with parts , and a service manuals , newer beautiful 48" deck with a set of new blades ,nice AG tires .

Seat shot , tractor solid , good looking old beast.

IMG_20170523_162306.jpg

IMG_20170523_162329.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Snojetter said:

Does this make it three new acquisitions this month?

Yes sir

Oh by the way I think it has a newer 16 hp motor as it has the newer starter not generator starter for that era , correct me if I am wrong .

Can't wait to fire it tomorrow .

Owner 88 still in an  amazing shape , god bless him.

Edited by a_sannine

I got it going .

It seem at some point  they installed a  pointless coil , the ground wire to it was shorted to the cover due to vibration (my guess) .

So I got the spark going , it fired up but not getting gas , so I rebuilt the carb which had a bad float , it was like u stepped on it , and carb super dirty with all kinda things , a 20 minute dip in the chemical gallon and a new oem kit , that engine fire up like a champ with no smoke or noises , shifts nice in all gears , good to hit the yard .

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:20 PM, a_sannine said:

Oh by the way I think it has a newer 16 hp motor as it has the newer starter not generator starter for that era , correct me if I am wrong .

First, another great find for you.

The 7016 had ring gear starters stock.  But most of those engines had a dual stator system: AC for the lights and only 3 amp DC to keep the battery charged.  Can't see the stator output wires above the starter to tell.  But it looks like a new starter (and blower tin wasn't modified to install the cover over starter bendix/gear?). 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

First, another great find for you.

The 7016 had ring gear starters stock.  But most of those engines had a dual stator system: AC for the lights and only 3 amp DC to keep the battery charged.  Can't see the stator output wires above the starter to tell.  But it looks like a new starter (and blower tin wasn't modified to install the cover over starter bendix/gear?). 

It does have the  dual stator system .

This beast dangerous in high speed , will take off on two wheels , Holly cow , a quick seat relining ( didn't have black) not bad  comfy .

IMG_20170527_162010.jpg

Edited by a_sannine

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the seat. 

Tractor looks good now...

except the ags are mounted backwards I believe. sm00

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, PhanDad said:

I have a little OCD, so it bothers me too that the ag/lug tires need to be switched side to side.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:14 AM, PhanDad said:

Nice work on the seat. 

Looks to me better traction like that lol.

Edited by a_sannine

12 hours ago, a_sannine said:

Looks to me better traction like that lol.

When backwards they will fill and not clean, ags are designed to clean.

If they were better traction only makes sense that everyone would have them backwards

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 720nut said:

When backwards they will fill and not clean, ags are designed to clean.

You learn something everyday

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Gilmer
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts