Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Adjust valves on 620 Onan CCKB?

macallis180

Sounds like I have a loose valve on right side (from seat). What do I have to take off of engine to do this?

Couldn't seem to find info on this in the technical tips articles.

Thanks.

I'ld have to look but two covers on top of engine, not sure if carb is in the way or not, makes it easier if carb is off.

Merle I'll look it a little bit and see. If you have questions call me

I just went and looked, basicly the intake and all have to be removed to get at covers.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3d214da05fced21aOne picture of my 720 and other parts engine

DSCN1394.JPG

DSCN1395.JPG

Edited by 720nut

Yep, looks like I will have a bunch of things to remove. Do you just purchase gasket material to make new gaskets when reassembling?

Thanks Lloyd.

I use oem gaskets usually have to order them anymore as few stock parts.

Intake and exhaust are one gasket, need two and two valve cover gaskets and two muffler gaskets.

Be careful with muffler bolts as they are rather tuff to get out without twisting off, had to drill out several and retap