Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Delco Remy 12V

a_sannine

picked this 7016 today that sat for 4 years , long story short I got it going , the only wrong I can see in the tractor the generator starter over heating , to a point it is hot to touch , what can cause this kinda problem , been a long time I didn't mess with these older tractors .

Thanks

Probably a sticking or bad voltage regulator and the S/G is charging more than it should.  Although at full 15 amp output, they can get pretty warm. 

• Like 1

Also does the ammeter so a high charge rate?  These generators have no cooling as they were originally intended for the ag market were charge rates were low.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• gwiseman
    • oldsarge
    • StanD
    • TheFlash300
    • Darl Swartz
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts