Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119 Simplicity "better" than 7116?

Bahmi

While looking for a tractor in the 7100 series, I am now confronted with questions as to whether or not the extra 3HP on the '19 is that significant an improvement over the 7116. I kinda doubt the '19 has any significant additions over the '16, equipment-wise.

The tractors were made about the same time in the early to mid-80's, so did the '19 have any OEM features the '16 does not have?

The 7116 will do the same tasks that the 7119 will do.  The 7119, with the 3 extra HP, will do things somewhat easier, and with less vibration, than the 7116.

Go with the twin even though you'll likely have to pay a premium.  The smoothness of the twin is very tangible.  I use my Allis 917 (same as the 7117) for most chores, so when I hop on my single cylinder 912, I'm shocked by how much vibration it has.  It probably isn't really all that bad, but when you're used to the smoothness of the twin, it's an amazing difference (in my experience).

Aside from the feeling of vibration, the smoother twin will put less stress on the tractor.  Vibration does get transferred to the frame and gearbox - those forces are absorbed.  I can't provide evidence to the claim, but I bet the tractors with opposed twins all around last longer before repairs are necessary.

Anyway, when I'm out looking for tractors, I don't go for the singles unless the price makes it an absolute killer deal!

Hello, I think the 7119 had standard Hydraulic lift  And included the rear lift . correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Ken in Mi