Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally - Pics again!

Brent_Baumer

Compuserve finally got their image host working again. They must be using a Microsloth product. Anyway, here's my new grader blade. Sam informs me that the moldboard is not the one that goes with my hitch, but it works and that's all I care about. Now, I just need to do something about the color of my tractor! Brent http://ourworld.cs.com/Bcbaumer/916grader1.jpg

Brent, The hitch looks just like mine. I'd think something would be different if it weren't for a 900 series. As for the paint, maybe it would be easier to remove the decals, paint the wheels yellow, and install a cup holder.

BRENT: The blade looks like the one i use to have except it was yellow for a b-series.agco918 chad e shafer

The hitch is correct for this tractor. The blade measures 40"w x 6"h. Sam, and all the literature on SimpletACtors, says it should measure 42x8. The smaller blade was for the broadmoor, a smaller tractor. Brent

Your blade looks like mine,but my blade(42inch)has a place to put your feet on the blade to make it dig deeper. Karl [A href='http://www.simplicityva.com']http://www.simplicityva.com[/a]

Brent: That's a nice lookin' machine. What year is it, and how much does it weigh, approx., if you have that handy. Just curious. (And thanks again for the S-G man.--one bad bearing, on order, from Sandy Lake I. They're very good, btw.) Peter

Is there a way to put down pressure on that or can you fabricate something off the side implement adjuster (PTO) to give that thing some kind of down pressure like a front plow blade with the heavy spring to keep tension on it? It looks as if it just drags along as it sits now but with down pressure you could do lots more. Am I missing something? I admit, I don't know how they actually work effectively without being able to stand on it because you've got such wide running boards. Besides, I don't like the idea of being able to dangle your feet in front of that plow and possibly getting them caught under it. Oh man, that one would hurt!! How DOES it work? Does the angle of the curved part give it enough ooompph to keep it down or does it ride up over the material when you run into big piles? Would it be easy to fabricate a way to turn that area where it bolts together for another angle adustment so you could possibly trench yourself a ditch or at least do some serious straight line digging. JD made a front blade that would angle AND twist from laying flat to a 4" or 6" tilt for digging trenches. I think that blade was on the first JD 110's and then it was discontinued being replaced by a locking "grader blade" only. It looks like it would be easy to do with that belly blade and then possibly hooking an arm off the PTO to give it the up-down feature from a shaft mounted going right to the center of the A-frame with some contraption to be able to limit the down presure somehow like the front plow blade. I know, I'm rambling. I think I remember there is no down pressre with a hydraulic but with electric you could get some down pressure I believe. Wrong or right? Sandy

Brent, The paint looks fine. You have a unique Simplicity. Dutz Allis green is good and it is not JD green!. Pay "no tention" to Dutch with his comment about yellow wheels and a cup holder. Roy

Dutch, The Deere guy I work with says those are Beer can holders not cup holders................and he's an expert ...he drinks lots of beer..........

Sandy, You're right. Down pressure does help alot. So far in my test runs, I HAVE put my feet on the blade. I don't feel very comfortable doing this though. I am considering fabbing some sort of weight to bolt or clamp onto the top and back of the blade. A pipe filled with ???, small I-beam? don't know yet. Big Six, don't know the weight but the tractor is about a 1987, if the K341S Kohler in it is original. From what I can tell it is the same tractor as the 7116H except Kohler instead of Briggs. Brent