Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Miss behaven 3212 trouble shooting challenge

tej

Well now Tim seeing's how we all tried are very best to anwser your challenge do we at least get an "A" for effort????-->jackl<--happyjack<--

Tim. I should have known better. When I purchased a 3314V (which I've turned into a pulling tractor) lat year I had the same problem. One of the cap screws that hold the carb onto the intake elbow was stripped out. The engine did the same thing until I found that problem.
MS

Man - I would have sworn that it was a hung popup valve under the thermal reactor - who would have guessed?

Just wonder how much dirt leaked into the cylinder though - may be time for another rebuild - or at least an oil change might not be a bad idea - Mobil Two right?

You know we have to scold you for engine abuse! But then when Al gets the info on how to stuff a new 25HP under the hood that will give you a good reason to replace it anyway!

Jeff, A new 25 would be nice, but I'm still trying to get a Chevy 4.3 in it. Haven't found a big enough shoehorn yet. And I believe it was the 3212W (Warpdrive) that had problems with the valves sticking on the thermal reactor. Tim

A 3212 starts right up and runs smooth but the engine has no power. It will move the tractor in low gear but if the mower is engaged the engine dies. The engine will start right back up but still lacks any power. What could cause this? Tim

Possibly the low speed jet is set too lean or more likely plugged. As soon as the govener opens the throttle the engine dies from a too lean condition. You need gas to go, fuel to fly, and BTUs to bake.
MS

Hi Long Lost Friend "TIM"-I must agree with Mike it does sound like a fuel problem-maybe fuel filter is bad-float out of adjustment-or your not giving it enough rpm's to keep it from stalling ~ are you "TiM" come on let loose and let it run and not like a deere either. Your Friend ->jackl<->happyjack<-

Mike, Well your right about the engine leaning out when the governer opened but it wasn't the carb. The intake manifold had come loose from the block and was sucking in addional air. Tightening the bolts fixed it right up. Tim

We have already put 25s in 7112s, wouldn't take a lot more squeezin. AL
Am going to submit the step by step pictures when things slow down in the shop and I get a little time.

• 10 months later...
BOTH MY 3212V AND MY 3212H DID THE SAME THING. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MOWING MY TWO AND A HALF ACRES. I ALSO HAVE A 14 HP MONTGOMERY WARDS. THE SIMPS USE 12 HP BRIGGS AND THE M/W HAS A 14 HP BRIGGS. AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER ALL OF THEM BOGGED DOWN AND SEEMED TO HAVE CARB TROUBLE.CARBS WERE PULLED OFF BLOWN OUT CHECKED ..RECHECKED ADJUSTED ...AND STILL THE TRACTORS BOGGED DOWN AND DIED.FOUND OUT THAT THE CONDENSERS WENT BAD. THIS HAPPENS AND CAUSES WHAT APPEARS TO BE FUEL TROUBLES. BELIEVE ME ......ITS HAPPENED TO ME SIX TIMES IN THE LAST SIX YEARS. YES....I DO USE MY TRACTORS A LOT. MATTER OF A FACT I USE THEM YEAR ROUND HERE IN THE HILLS OF WEST VIRGINIA.HAULING WOOD, MOWING, PLOWING, TILLING AND EVEN HAULING AROUND MY KIDS IN A DUMP CART(RECREATIONAL). THE POINTS JUST NEEDED HIT A LITTLE WITH AN EMERY BOARD(SUPPLIED BY MY WIFE), BUT THE CONDENSER WAS REPLACED. ONCE THE CONDENSER WAS INSTALLED THE TRACTORS FIRED RIGHT UP AND I WAS ON MY MERRY WAY AGAIN.