Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor of the Month: August 2017

SmilinSam

Tractor of the Month Contest

August 2017
This months contest will be :

"Proud of your Fleet Photo"

1) Show us your fleet, giving us at least 1 photo with everything you have in in that photo. Fleet must be at least 2 tractors.

More pictures is fine as long as 1 has everything in it.

2) Then also give us a brief outline of each machine in your fleet.

Tell us what each machine is and perhaps any special stories surrounding it  and/or as to how you got it. .

Contest limited to the first 20 entries

Voters will choose the best overall entry and its presentation

Open to
All brands as long as the majority pictured is made by Simplicity and/or Allis Chalmers

Please Note:

All pictures submitted to Tractor of the Month contests should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation

Also: If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

Tractor of the month contest guidelines

1. For club members and registered users, or those who have access to use the Show and Tell forum. This also includes all officers, moderators, and administrators.

2. The selection committee will determine each monthly contests criteria. Equipment that does not meet theme criteria will be disqualified by the committee and removed from the submission topic.

3. The tractors submitted can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuild - or as specified by the committee.

4. This contest is open for owners to enter their own tractors, or by having someone else nominate them - upon which owner must accept and post entry.

5. The contest is limited to the first 20 entries submitted. This due to the poll system only being able to accommodate 20 entries. Following the 20th entry, the contest topic will be closed to further entries. Votes will be taken in the normal time frame as stated below.

6. Post your entry as a reply to this topic. Narrative and pictures are required - This to tell its story, and to convince voters why it is deserving of being the next Club's tractor of the month.

7. You can enter a tractor/equipment multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once that tractor has won, you cannot submit that tractor again for a year on any subject.

8. Each contest will have a entry submission period beginning the 15th day of each month and lasting to the 15th day of the following month. Once the submission period is over, the current nomination topic will be locked and the next opened.

9.Following each months submission period, a poll topic will then be opened and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in the nomination topic. All members and registered users are eligible to vote. Vote will last for a period of two weeks , from the 15th day of month to the last day of each month. The new winner will be declared on the 1st of each month.

10. Wining tractors each month will be posted on the club home page for a period of one month, 1st day of the month to the last day of the month, and a Contest winners hat will be sent to the winner.

11. Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

12. All pictures submitted should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation. If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

13. Final vote results will be posted to Poll topic at the time the Poll topic is closed. These posted results are the official, and FINAL results that will determine the winner each month regardless of any further votes cast After the polls have been closed. This is stated because while replies cannot be made after a poll topic is closed, apparently votes can continue to be cast. Its a technical issue that we have to work around at the present time.

14. In the event of a tie, the following procedure will be in effect. The tied winners will share having their pictures posted on the Club home page, each having an equal amount of the months time in the spotlight. There will only be one hat awarded though, and so there will be a run-off vote between the tied members for the hat. This vote will last 2 weeks. The winner of this second run-off vote will receive the winners hat.

If a tied winner has already won a contest and a hat, the hat for the tied contest will automatically be given to other tied winner who has not won one yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a heads up. If anyone wants to participate in these contests, now is the time. You have this one and then one more. After that due to the lack of interest,  the tractor of the month contests will be suspended for the immediate future.

Here is some pics.

20161028_181219.jpg

Starting from left picked up the 717 in Ohio w/ a B10 for free,

7013s picked up near Fenton, MI for $125 came w/deck and snow blower no seat,

7117h Lake Orion ,MI broken rod no attachments $150

3314h Chesaning, MI $150 w/Rototiller,

920h Near Grand Rapids (from our vice Pres.) $850 w/ deck snow blower ,

7016h Dewitt MI running came with rusted out deck stripped BGB $200,

T-16 Homelite Flint MI 125 w/deck bad generator (Just missed revitalizer), Last but not least

3112h Mt. Morris Mi came with deck and spring trip plow ,stripped BGB Inherited from Grandma.

20161022_124900.jpg

20161028_181234.jpg

Edited by mikeman

Not that I am trying hard to compete as I've already had a T.O.M once, but for participation's sake, I will throw these out here. This most of the running part of my crew. Had 13 runners in the photo and one that I pushed into place (B-207). Others had non-resolvable issues with flat tires, non-running, or two are at other locations, etc and had to sit this one out.

B-207 - needs governor box fixed

B-210 - Bought in IA earlier this year, original tractor.

B-210 - Had a long time. Needs a tire tubed.

HB-212 - Nice unit, mostly original, with Sickle, uses a little oil.

Big Ten- Had shipped in from PA, with dual lift and hi-lo. Runs and drives but trans has problems and I removed the accessories until that's resolved. 

416H - Bought with no engine, repowered twice and now have correct K341 in it. Next I need to remove the stack.

917H - Bought from Club Member Darrin Butcher. Repowered with 18hp Magnum from a Craftsman, Vertical to horizontal conversion;

914S-  Was traded in at my work, Rebuilt the engine, just getting it broken in.

917H- DA, rough looking, bought in Springfield, IL. 

7116H- (with DA hood) Bought from CarlH at Smilin' Sam's reverse auction

75th Anny Sovereign - Repowered with a low-hour Command 18.

17GTH-L - Temporarily repowered with a 16hp Briggs. 

Montgomery Ward 16 Hydro by Gilson - Needs help but runs good. Rear discharge deck is interesting and have a leaf mill for it.

Sears Suburban HT14 Hydro with 14hp Briggs - Just got a 3 pt middle buster for it.

DSCN5988.jpg

DSCN5967.jpg

DSCN5974.jpg

I will nominate my fleet within a fleet.  These 4 machines are my Blue Fleet, and constitute about 1/6th of my collection, and represent a few of my scarcer models.  Each is in original condition.

From Left to Right:

-Homelite T-8, Allis built kin to the Homesteader 8. $250, Indiana.  This tractor was tough to being home.  I found a few, but never one that could be shipped.  I had a rougher unit I planned to restore until I had a call out of the blue offering me this runner with deck and blade.  Mark found me a 32" snowblower for it the very same weekend.  

Attachments: Cart, 36" deck, 42" blade, 32" blower, NOS 28" Revitalizer, Rear weight, hubcaps.  

-Homelite RM-7E, Allis built Homelite kin to the Homesteader 7.  $175, Wisconsin.  I searched for years for an RM-7E or RM-5, and finally an old want ad on craigslist yielded one in central WI.  I have seen 2 other, one of which was parted out on ebay.  

Attachments: 30" deck.

-Montgomery Ward Twin 20, Simplicity built kin to the 4041. $Trade for 620, Tennessee. This was a dream tractor for as long as I have collected.  I have seen only 1 sell in nearly a decade of watching, and know of 3 others.  I was fortunate to make a new friend here who preferred an orange machine and made a 20 hour round trip inside of a day to fetch it.  

Attachments:  Airplane hitch, front bumper, wheel weights, homebrew rear debris blower.

-Homelite T-16H, Allis built with no equivalent.  -$650, New York.  I had a lucky auction buy of a T-16S, and fell in love with the tractor, but longed for a hydro.  I put my search into high gear and found this one among a lot of 4 tractors on ebay in upstate NY.  None were known to run, and were covered in barn dirt.  I won the auction for $250 and hired a Uship carrier for $500.  I sold a wheelhorse RJ, Simplicity 3012, and Porter Cable built Wards with various implements for each, and ended up quite a ways ahead for future tractor stuff.   

Attachments: Cart, 48" deck, NOS 38" Revitalizer, NOS 540 PTO, NOS Generac 4000W generator on Simplicity mount, 42" midmount grader, front weights, rear 'inner' wheel weights, hubcaps. 

59691e2b387af_BlueFleet.thumb.jpg.ff633046a153ae9d4a30a10e1036ab32.jpg

59691e2fd4518_BlueFleet2.thumb.jpg.31faed250ab459d76ac3ccd233a3dd90.jpg

Edited by Talntedmrgreen
  • Like 1

SO MANY TRACTORS....SO LITLE TIME!!     You guys have been making GREAT use of your time!!

• SmilinSam locked this topic
  • SmilinSam unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Vote is now closed.

Results at time of closing were:

mikeman and his fleet

Chris727 and his fleet

Talntedmrgreen and his fleet

Congratulations to Talntedmrgreen and his fleet  for being this months winner.

• SmilinSam unpinned this topic