Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got Lucky Today with clean up pics

jfrank1962

Got finished mowing today and about 30 minutes later this nice limb fell out of the tree. Probably would have left a mark if it would have hit me. wah

limb.jpg

Edited by jfrank1962

45 minutes ago, jimmystractor said:

On a side note, the lawn looks great!

Yeah it does glad ya weren't hurt

Once knew a gentleman that wasn't that lucky. Limb hit him, he's not with us anymore. Sure looks nice after cleanup.

Gotta admire someone who has all the toys, errrr...I mean tools... to do the work when it arises to be donedOd

• Like 2

Like the stripes.

And glad no one (or your equipment) was under the limb when it fell.

Thankfully there was not a tragedy for either man or machine!  Funny thing, we Aussies don't aim for stripes, just a nice smooth lawn!  Most Aussies like to mow their lawns to within an eighth of an inch of the ground!  I keep advising people that the amount of leaf material equals the amount of root system, hence a short lawn equals limited root system which in turn restricts the plant's access to moisture and nutrients.  Here endeth the lesson!

I am inspired with your 725!  It looks really good!

Edited by dince
  • Like 1

1/8th here and I'ld be replacing spindles all the time, darn rodents ya know.

If you told people here to cut that short they would have you admitted to a crazy house.

• Like 1

Sure glad no one was hurt - but on the other hand, really cool to be able to use all your cool "tools" to have a nice clean lawn again!

Thanks for the kind words. My wife also noticed that I used that limb for an excuse to "have way to much fun with all my toys" to clean up the mess.  9_9

Edited by jfrank1962

11 hours ago, jfrank1962 said:

Thanks for the kind words. My wife also noticed that I used that limb for an excuse to "have way to much fun with all my toys" to clean up the mess.  9_9

John, for some reason they just don't seem to understand the need