Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Safety interlock module?

Bahmi

Where is the safety interlock module located? I'm guessing it's on the right side of my Sunstar, but I don't have adequate manuals to show where it is. I adjusted the electric clutch and it made no difference. When I hit the toggle switch, nothing happens. When I got the machine a couple days ago, the mower worked but soon after it started to conk out after warming up.

Switch, clutch, or module?

Is there a source of a manual that would illustrate these various parts and would help on finding out what to do next?

thanks for all

This lists the parts associated with the wiring of the Sunstar.  I have the parts manual and the owners manual.  Let me know if there is something specific you need.  I am not really good at reading wiring diagrams.

Sunstar wiring.gif

I don't see where the module sits. It is said  that if the module is being considered as the problem, then the module is bypassed and the wire goes directly to ground itself.

The safety interlock module, I believe is #23 as shown on the above diagram, and it is located behind the right side plate of the dash,