Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

He has to get wife permission lol

a_sannine

I had a guy been emailing me for a week , wanna see a tractor I am selling , finally we got together, for like an hour he is jumping from one tractor to the other , he tried like 6 tractors , I moved that battery from one tractor to the other , to a point I was like   I've been kind enough to show u all these tractors , long story short he said ok let me go home and ask my wife if she allows me to buy it sm06.

I told him are u serious , u need ur wife permission to buy a tractor , why u didn't get that permission from wife before coming here and wasting my time .

Unbelievable

Edited by a_sannine
  • Like 2

After second I would have lost patience, someone once said better to ask forgiveness after the fact than to ask permission before 666

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

I buy in a heart beat ,  as I have the wife permission on a blank lol

Edited by a_sannine
  • Like 1

As long as YOU think you have permission,I guess you're OK.........................................................gtm

• Like 2

17 hours ago, a_sannine said:

I had a guy been emailing me for a week , wanna see a tractor I am selling , finally we got together, for like an hour he is jumping from one tractor to the other , he tried like 6 tractors , I moved that battery from one tractor to the other , to a point I was like   I've been kind enough to show u all these tractors , long story short he said ok let me go home and ask my wife if she allows me to buy it sm06.

I told him are u serious , u need ur wife permission to buy a tractor , why u didn't get that permission from wife before coming here and wasting my time .

Unbelievable

Been there done that#

• Like 1

The wasting your time I agree, was baloney.  The getting the wife's "permission" I think applies to waaayyyyy more of us than we may necessarily admit to....................

I ask permission on every other tractor!  =]  Done the forgiveness thing more than I care to admit.

Amazon boxes keep showing up for her and I don't recall being asked about any of those.  I suppose it's a bit different when it takes me an entire day of driving to fetch one of my goodies and hers all show up next day air with free shipping.  

• Like 1

I generally ask for her blessing (not permission) for stuff over about 150 bucks.  I swear I asked permission for the jeep purchase, but she claims I just "did" it...which isn't necessarily true.  I think she likes it as much as I do though...Seems to be her go-to vehicle now, and its what we take whenever we go anywhere.

• Like 1

I've got one of the loving most forgiving wifes there is , love her to pieces, she does get upset now and then but is quick to forgive me , that's a tough job in it's self.

• Like 2

My wife has put up with TEN 1970 Olds Toronado's over the years, four right now. She hasn't had a car parked in the garage ever---but I do clean the snow off her car before she leaves!dOd

• Like 3

Well I kicked her car out and parked my tractors ,she said  as long they are out before winter , oh one more thing , taking my convertible every now and then sm06 not bad of a deal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

"Amazon boxes keep showing up for her and I don't recall being asked about any of those.  I suppose it's a bit different when it takes me an entire day of driving to fetch one of my goodies and hers all show up next day air with free shipping."  

That big brown truck shows up quite often with Amazon boxes at our house as well. It doesn't bother me and she rarely says anything when a new to me tractor shows up sm03

I consider myself lucky to have her dOd

Edited by jfrank1962
  • Like 1

So, has he gotten permission yet? Lol! Just another lame excuse from a lame duck. Reminds me of the people that will pick up and look at half the stuff I take to a swap meet even ask for lower prices, make offers, etc. and still walk away not buying! I've learned to laugh at the idiots and move on, I have to, I would go postal without. 

My wife knows I'm a cheap skate, don't overpay, don't buy without selling.  My rules, not hers, I set the tone to avoid problems, so far so good. Other than the occasional mention that she was able to park her car in the garage some years ago. :$

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

I ask permission on every other tractor!  =]  Done the forgiveness thing more than I care to admit.

Amazon boxes keep showing up for her and I don't recall being asked about any of those.  I suppose it's a bit different when it takes me an entire day of driving to fetch one of my goodies and hers all show up next day air with free shipping.  

Sometimes the Forgiveness item costs more than the original tractor purchase! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, EdwardLincoln said:

That guy had to go home and get his balls out off his wife's purse.

That's it

• 3 weeks later...

All manly talk aside I still think the general consensus here is that the wife who supports the hobby is the rare breed. 
Mine would drive several hours each way and pick one up for me if I was not available.  Of course she loves using the tractors so...

It's more likely the guy did not like the price or was setting up the situation to ask for a lower price later using his wife as his excuse instead of being straightforward.

• Like 1