Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar 20 hp magnum . Died No spark at plugs

colincox1

Question

Sunstar 20 hp magnum . Died No spark at plugs

Hi fellow simplicity friends.   Please can you help. I maybe being a little premature with my question but I am trying to get from your brains and experience information that will enable me to fix my problem efficiently. So symptoms: engine turns over but will not start I diagnosed there is no spark to the spark plugs. I have changed the interlock module (looks like a big  ( 2" x 3" x 1") relay in the rear dashboard area. Changed the actuator,  two bolts holds it on the shroud above the flywheel (I believe this picks up a timing signal, via magnetic process.  I have NOT Changed the module that has the two spark plug leads (does anyone know how to test it with multi-meter ?)  I have NOT Changed the oil sentry pressure switch (how to test? ) . The PTO clutch is working and stops the engine turning over when switching on and turning key.  I have NOT Changed the ignition switch (maybe no power being sent the components above , not sure of the way it works) I the not in neutral stops ending turning over further proof of big interlock module working . The seat interlock seems to be working, how can it be bypassed?  
ANY SUGGESTIONS VERY WELCOME .  For those who know me I promise that whatever I find I will report back,  and when WE finally get the ole girl running again I let you all know what the fix was.   Please help. Very Best Regards, Colin 
Edited by colincox1
Posted incorrectly in wrong forum section

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet