Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear trencher questions

JonetteP

I need to know how the up down mechanism worked on the aftermarket rear trenchers for the simplicity/allis tractors. I have a 2012 I will restore this summer. I am going to mount a 15 hp B&S in it. I do not have a two speed yet, but if I can't find one I can build it. The main question is, how fast did the trencher travel? I have an old pull trencher I am rebuilding the engine on. I plan to have this as a quick tach for the tractor. Was the adjustment done by the tractor, or the attatchment? Thanks in advance.

I know a guy that has one of these trenchers. The engine is blown in the tractor so I never saw it operate. It is a self-contained unit with the tractor just supplying power to the hydro-pump. I've been trying to buy this, but the guy won't sell. He's looking to swap. He wants a shotgun that I don't want to part with, so we're at a stalemate. Anybody know where I can get one of these??????? http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/trencher.jpg

Dave, A replacement shot gun would probably cost $2500-$5000 IF I could find one. The trencher is not worth that much to me. Neither one of us NEEDS what we already have or what the other owns. It's a question of WANT, not value. Horse trading can be both enjoyable and frustrating.

Using the Red Green approach, it looks like you could get a big old chain saw and tape it on the back with a few rolls of duct tape. Might have to flare out the cutting teeth a bit.

I would be glad to trade one of my fieros for that tractor and trencher and with in reason I would deliver it to him.Bob

Bob, I doubt he would want your Fiero. I even offered to swap him for a working trencher, a truck, and other guns. He doesn't need his trencher. That's what's frustrating. He's just "hung up" on getting my shotgun.

Dave-Saratoga - maybe Dutch's friend used to play basketball for the Nets and really likes shotguns.

Here is a potential source for a trencher that would need adapting. Search on "Power Trac" This company makes an articulating garden tractor like a mini payloader and they have numerous hydraulic attachments that fit on it. I don't know if they would sell the attachments solo, but it might be worth a call. I was considering one of their machines, but am going for a Diesel Magnatrac Crawler.