Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hmmm MSD Ignition for Briggs, may be worth inspect

BradW

Hi Guy's, I know some people have problems with there point systems or want more starting power and I was looking for MSD ignitions for my truck and 3 wheeler and noticed they make them for briggs motors, click on the link for more info and drop some input, thanks,-BradW[A href='http://www.factorydirectperformance.com/kart.htm']http://www.factorydirectperformance.com/kart.htm[/a]

Brad, couldn't get anything to open on briggs info, happen to know the computer jazz to do it.. looks interesting..MPH

MSD's Small Engine Controller is designed for single cylinder 4-stroke engines like Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, or Cushman engines. Three versions of the Small Engine Controller are offered - 20-002005 for points operated engines, 20-02-2010 for Briggs & Stratton engines, and the 20-13-2015 for Tecumseh engines with a precise Hall Effects trigger which replaces the stock points. The stock ignition on these engines just can't deliver the powerful spark you need once you've started modifying them to run with higher compression heads and on exotic fuels. We offer a CDI system that produces in excess of 30,000-volts for a full 18° of crankshaft rotation. The MSD Small Engine Controller will produce quicker starts, crisper throttle response, reduced plug fouling, and more power through out the entire rpm range. Copied from thier site Maynard aka/UCD

I called because I'm curious but really don't plan on using anything except stock. The rep at MSD stated the ignition components cost between $210 and $260 dollars. In addition they only produce a product for engines up to 5 hp. He's sending me a full instruction manual and pricing info even though I told him the price was too rich for my blood. When you use their product you must make modification to the flywheel etc...MadManX (for now)