Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yellow Paint

williamjordan

Hello, I went to UAP NAPA store in search for Allis Chalmers Yellow paint. I took in a part and it seemed like it matched up with the Allis lift truck yellow. Would they have used the same colour code for the two? Thanks, William Jordan

Will--If you check back to page 32 Post #5306 you will see info on yellow paint code.Hope this helps,--Have a good one. --Ron B

William, I'm not sure about the lift trucks, but the Allis construction equipment was a darker shade of yellow. There are at least seven different shades of AC yellow that show up on some color charts. As far as I know there were at least three yellows used on the different lawn/garden models -- the B-1, the Simplicity made tractors (early B-10 through B-12) and the Lexington tractors (B-100 and B-200 series)... What tractor are you trying to match?

A couple of weeks ago I had paint made to the specifications listed here for one of the yellows by a local Sherwin Williams automotive paint store. I remember thinking to myself that since nobody knows exactly what color yellow was used at any point in time, that I would just pick one and assume it is the correct color. Just a thought...By the way get ready for sticker shock..MadManX

Kent, Its for a B-112. So really I should pick a shade that I like or think will suit for it. William Jordan

William, Then it should be the "Lexington Yellow" or what's shown in the paint section as "New Yellow". Here's a link to where Paul specified the Sherwin Williams codes... Kent[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=5806&mode=short&startwith=0']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=5806&mode=short&startwith=0[/a]