Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pictures in For Sale

Woodydel

I know I'm repeating myself but how about at least one picture in the for sale section of the site?...MadManX

Instructions? You mean something like these from the Help & FAQs page? I haven't spent much time editing them lately, because I'm not sure if anyone reads it... -------------------------------- How do I add links or pictures to a message, reply or ad? NOTE: These links and picture links apply ONLY to items already posted somewhere on the Internet. Contact the Webmaster if you want to add new pictures that don't already exist elsewhere on the Internet. 1. Use the Optional URL Link field to post the FULL internet address of the link (for example, http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/1967_2012/sprayer.htm). 2. The easiest way to do this for Windows (95, 98, NT) users, is to go to that page and copy and paste the URL, as follows: a. Highlight the complete URL in your Address window by clicking and dragging the mouse over it. Make sure you highlighted the ENTIRE text of the URL. b. Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key and simultaneously press the "C" key to copy the address to the Windows clipboard. c. Return to the message, reply or ad form and place the cursor in the Optional URL Link field and click there so you get the flashing "|" cursor... d. Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key and simultaneously press the "V" key to paste the URL address from the Windows clipboard into the cursor location. 3. Use the Text for URL field to describe the link you just placed above (for example, Orchard Sprayer) 4. Use the Optional Image Field to automatically embed a picture into the body of your message just below the body of the text you added. 5. The easiest way to do this is to find the picture on the Internet and write down its address (the copy/paste procedure above MAY NOT work), as follows: a. Place your cursor on the picture and click the right mouse button. b. Select "Properties" from the bottom of the popup menu that will appear. c. The Properties dialogue will list the complete address in the Address field (for example, http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/images/ac_b212_ico.jpg) d. Carefully write down the COMPLETE address -- then, try the copy procedure described above to see if it works (it doesn't work consistently for me). e. Return to the message, reply or ad, and type (or paste ) in the address in the Optional Image Field. f. Compare what you wrote down with what you pasted in -- it much match exactly, including all colons, slashes, underlines, etc. 6. Submit the message, ad, or reply and see if the links and picture works correctly. 7. If not, edit them as necessary until it does. Any problems are usually caused by not getting some character in the URL exactly right. NOTE: Deleting this message, reply or ad later does NOT automatically delete the linked page or picture. That must be done separately. TIP: You can only insert one picture per message. To show more pictures, post follow-ups or replies, with a picture in each message.

Kent, Your well intentioned efforts are way too complicated. How about trying that new technology Microsoft supposedly has in beta test? The user wears a helmet (similar to what the military is using), and their computer will read their thoughts and know what to do automatically. It’s pretty expensive right now, but reportedly Microsoft is offering the following FREE deal. It's similar to voice recognition software where you talk to your computer and your spoken words are converted to typed words. Only with this, all you have to do is think, you don't even have to talk. Microsoft will pay for a microchip implant, and supply the software at no charge. Then all the user has to do is sit in front of their computer and "think" of what they want to do, and the computer will read their mind and do the rest. In the next version, the user won’t even have to think. The computer will do it all. Bless Bill Gates & Microsoft.

Woody, I agree also, Woodpile. My feeling is that, the seller may not choose to post a picture for a reason. Not having a digital camera, is not a reason, either. You can have your roll of film put on a CD for about $8. Pretty tough to buy and sell over the internet without pictures. The buyer at least has a pretty good idea, prior to traveling great distances for equipment. I can say that I have had only very positive experiences (buying and selling) with the members of ST. "An internet picture is worth ten thousand words" Jeff

Many folks may simply NOT know how to post a photo to the Internet. Here's an example of a seller who apparently has a photo, but is trying to link it from his home computer (that simply won't work). Although repeated attempts have been made on this board to explain how to link photos, some can't or won't learn how to do it.

Dutch, What I want to know is how you insert links within a sentence, like you do. I know how to insert a link, but it always appears at the bottom of the post. Thanks. Jeff

Rather than have a whole slew of experimenters here just use the system provided by Kent. MPH got it to work in Lonely Alaska...The instructions are on this site in several posts...I think my post and instruction will work for nearly everyone here..MadManX

Kent, Here are the revised instructions I was working on and all you have to do is delete your responses to my mistake. If you print this out then follow the instructions your picture will end up here. I could be more specific about your album location but just remember this, Your album cannot be on your computer and be shared with this site. It's possible but since you are having trouble posting pictures not very likely. 1. Now that you have an album upload any pictures you want to share or make available in your album. 2. While you are in the album click on the picture you are interested in sharing to make it full size. 3. Move your cursor into the picture area and click the right mouse button. A box will pop up. If you are using Netscape, at the bottom of the box should be a selection called "copy image location" you click on that selection. Nothing will happen visibly but you can now go to the SimpleTractors site and start a message. 4. In SimpleTractors when you post a message there is a box at the bottom entitled "Optional Image link:" . Click inside that space and then press these keys simultaneously CTRL and the letter V. 5. What you will see entered is the image location from when you were in the album. 6. Submit your message and when you reload the message the picture will be displayed with your message. 7. If you are using Internet Explorer the process of copying the image location is a little different. 8. Again, right click the full size image and a box will pop up with a selection at the bottom called "properties". 9. Click on properties. 10. Another box will pop up and you will see a line entitled "Address URL". Next to this title will be text starting with the letters "http". 11. Select all of this text by placing your cursor in front of http and hold the mouse button down while dragging the cursor to the right and down till all of the text is highlited. Remember this: (There can be more than one line of text to highlite). 12. Release the mouse button and the text will stay highlited. Remember to highlite all lines. There can be lines that don't show if there are more than 2 lines of text. 13. Once the text is highlited and your button is released press these keys simultaneously CTRL and C. Nothing will appear to happen. 14. Close this box and go to SimpleTractors and follow the instructions above on line number 4. The images location will be inserted and you can submit your message and image. This is a sample of a pasted photo link similar to what you will see if you follow the instructions above: http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?src=/PhotoLoft/Asset18/2001/12/31/8705/8705648_0_0785.fpx,0,0,1,1,512,384,FFFFFF I placed the above listed sample photo link in the "Optional Image Link:" location when I placed this message. Print this out now and try it out line by line. It's easy and will work..MadManX http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?src=/PhotoLoft/Asset18/2001/12/31/8705/8705648_0_0785.fpx,0,0,1,1,512,384,FFFFFF

This is a nice feature of HyperPhoto. After you have an album at Hyperphoto there is the "Manage Images" choice. What it does is obvious. When you are in the "Manage Images" area you can have Hyperphoto generate the HTML code which will allow you to enter a link to your selected photo. Click on "Get HTML Code" which will take you to the "Use This Photo on Your Personal Website" page. Click on "Unlinked Photo" REMEMBER TO DO THIS! Click on "Desired Dimensions" inside the first dimension box. Enter the width of the photo. Be smart and don't make it more than 640. The second value will be automatically entered for you by HyperPhoto. Click on the button entitled: Get HTML A new page will display with the photo at the size you selected and this is the size of the photo when it ends up at Simpletractors. Below the photo is a box with a few lines of text. Select all of this text. It will look something like this minus the < and > symbols at each end: img src=http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/exportImage.asp?s=cano&i=8705649&w=256&h=192 While this text is highlighted press the CTRL and C keys simultaneously. At this point you can paste this text anywhere you like including within a message being placed in SimpleTractors. Type out your message and insert the copied text where you want the picture to be displayed within the body of your message. This is all a simplification but once you submit your message the results will be evident for sure. Refrain from inserting photos larger than 640x480 which can cause problems BE SMART--CHECK YOUR HTML CODE Prior to pasting your link to the photo inside your message test your copied code simply this way. Open Notepad and paste the copied HTML code from HyperPhoto. Save the document with a name of your choice but make sure you name it completely including the filename's extension of .html There should be no .txt extension after the html Open your browser click on File then Open or Open Page. Find the file you saved in Notepad and open it. If you have copied the HTML code properly your photo should be displayed on your browser page. If not, something is wrong and don't insert this code in SimpleTractors. ...MadManX [A href='http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/canon.asp?s=cano']http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/canon.asp?s=cano[/a]

Woody, You are a generous person to share your knowledge. It appears you believe if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. However, consider the following: 1) Some people do not mind being fed every day. 2) Others would rather buy their fish. 3) Still others do not like fish at all.

I have learned more about using computers because of this site than I had any desire to know. Posting pics takes some time to play with to figure out if your not really computer savay. then the co you use goes away and its like oh s--- I have long winter nites and don't watch much tv, kids have left home and honey sits in the pantry in a half gal jug, I can understand why some guys don't get time to figure it out. Its nice to do and see on the site I agree..MPH

Solution to problem If kent could provide a permanent instructions link on the home page or in the headings it would be there for all to read and not have to hunt though all the posts for instructions. Maynard aka/UCD

I figure someway, somehow there might be pictures in the For Sale section. Even Newspaper classifieds have pictures now....The "print this out Now" command is a little pushy but well intentioned...MadManX P.S. Don't overlook another great feature of HyperPhoto. When it comes time to upload photos select the email method on the right side of the page. That will create an email with your current email program. All you have to do is attach the photo files you want on the page and send the email. Wham, right into your album. It gets better. The next time you want photos in your album just resend the same email. Remove the existing list of attached files and attach the new photos. Wham, you don't even have to go to Hyperphoto to put your pictures in your album. You even get a confirmation message from HyperPhoto that your pictures were added to the album...MadManX