Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Michael's Tractor's?

Anyone know how to get registered there? I have been trying for well over a month and cannot even get a reply.

Seems odd for an internet forum to not want more members....and I haven't even had enough interaction there to piss someone off, so count me confused!sm06

Oh, by the way, still wondering how to post a profile picture...all are rejected as too big

Edited by 9020

Good Morning Mr. Bragg, I really thank you for the information. I never dreamed that the "physical size" alone of the picture would be the hindrance to making this work! It seems that a smaller pic will fill a big spot automatically but not the reverse. Thanks!

Edited by 9020

Glad to help.  And good luck with Michael's Tractors.  I tried to register and when I hit submit it just went nowhere.

Why go anywhere but here?

Was a member myself for short period of time until I was tired of the rampant political views expressed in almost every aspect of the forums.

I was told I was too thin skinned by one of the administrators...IT'S supposed to be a TRACTOR FORUM not a political Web site...also alot of cyber bullying at that time...3+ years ago.

Just my experience and my opinion.

Alot of great guys from this site were on the other site.

• Like 2

Being a relatively new interest, I always try to cover as much ground as possible to get up and running as fast as possible. I am inclined to agree with you though as my experience here versus there is quite telling.

Glad to have you aboard. ...Welcome. ..sit down and stay a while. 

Guys here are great....I really don't recall one argument in the time I have been here. 

Just a bunch of good ol boys jacking our jaws and showing respect for other's viewpoints.

One big happy family which is hard to find anywhere now a days with the political climate we live in today.

Again,  welcome and feel free to jump right in.

Wiz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Glad to have you aboard. ...Welcome. ..sit down and stay a while. 

Guys here are great....I really don't recall one argument in the time I have been here. 

Just a bunch of good ol boys jacking our jaws and showing respect for other's viewpoints.

One big happy family which is hard to find anywhere now a days with the political climate we live in today.

Again,  welcome and feel free to jump right in.

Wiz

Thanks for the greeting Wiz! I suspect I'm going anywhere anytime soon, this place is greatsm01

Hey 9020, welcome and glad to have you aboard. Most of us have dabbled on other sites to chat about something not Simplicity but this is your go-to site for Simplicity and Allis garden tractor info. The archives are full of nuggets that have proved invaluable to me and, after you learn the search feature, you'll be amazed at what's been solved by members. 

Edited by gwiseman

Mark,

You missed all the early year arguments, and got the settled version.

Kent, Maynard, and some of the other early moderators had their hands full.

But with a fair steady hand, this group formed into a great bunch.

My thoughts

22 minutes ago, gwiseman said:

Hey 9020, welcome and glad to have you aboard. Most of us have dabbled on other sites to chat about something not Simplicity but this is your go-to site for Simplicity and Allis garden tractor info. The archives are full of nuggets that have proved invaluable to me and, after you learn the search feature, you'll be amazed at what's been solved by members. 

Hi Sir, Thanks for the greeting! I ran into a photo you had posted that had a cone shaped mandrel off of the hub of a tractor...is that a log-splitter? Pretty cool!

From what I've been told, that forum was derived from some bad blood here.  I don't know the specifics & really don't care to resurrect any of that history.  I've found just about everything I've ever needed from the people on this site & have fostered some great friendships through here.  

There are however some things that are posted on that other site that I do wish were here i.e. some power steering conversions to Powermax tractors & the Onan electronic ignition upgrades.  But If I get to the point where I'm going to perform these tasks, I'll just call the guys that have done it.

As I stated in my previous post...just MY opinion which counts for nothing!  

Not in anyway saying its not a good site...just sharing MY experinces with the other site. Never felt welcomed there as I did from day one here..again  JMO

8 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

As I stated in my previous post...just MY opinion which counts for nothing!  

Not in anyway saying its not a good site...just sharing MY experinces with the other site. Never felt welcomed there as I did from day one here..again  JMO

Mark pretty much sums it up for me too, best bunch on the net as seeing they put up with me. welcome aboard.

I think Josh was one of the carry overs that I recall from the other site. I am sure there are alot more but my memory fails me right now....AGAIN O.o

Edited by fishnwiz

As Greg pointed out there were some interesting, "discussions" here in the past that have kept the powers that be busy slapping hands and such but apparently we have learned our lessons. dOd I tend to be a bit of a hot head but apparently type slow enough to keep me from expressing things wrong. :$ Or at least I hope. 

I have been a member on both for years, things have slowed greatly there which is sad. Some good folks there I like to keep in touch with. All forums seem to be feeling the vacuum from the f-word sight. I remember when Yahoo was a hotbed of activities, that's been a few years. I was on dialup then. Remember that annoying sound of logging on? sm00

Anyway  welcome aboard sir and feel free to share pictures! Pictures are easy to share here with the new upgrades! 

I'm a member there. Don't know if I've ever posted though. More just to be "nosey"

I've "borrowed" few things from there :)

I was around for all the hullaballu.......