Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

OK

Woodydel

Does it take off the paint also or do you have to stip [aint off first? I like the idea email me for price with shipping as I have a gas pump that I want to fix up.Bob

Bob, The only material affected will be rust and anything galvanized. The paint is not affected at all. If your rust is completely covered by paint then you must take the paint off. If you have rusted areas that extend under the paint, as the rust is removed eventually the paint will be hanging free. It would take a long time for this to happen. The limited access to the rust under the paint would make it impractical to wait for the rust removal to finish. All grease and grime should also be removed first because the solution does not dissolve anything but rust. So the bottom line is anything between the rust and the solution must removed. Mostly you will only have to wash off the part and knock off loose paint. If the part becomes more rusty because of the washing it won't matter...MadManX

Ah ha! That's cool Woodshed, I'm sure you'll get plenty of support from our membership. Maybe you could even become a "sponsor" and purchase some ad space on ST. Good job, BTW, I wished I had thought of it. There isn't any of us here, that couldn't use that product! ;o) Jeff

Woody, I've seen several before and after pictures of people who lost 100lbs in 7 days on this product or that, I've seen pictures of junk yard cars with faded and scratched paint jobs look like new after using miracle car polishers, I seen pictures of stained clothes come perfectly clean with DD7, I've seen video of Al Unser Sr. driving a Dodge Viper with no oil in it repeatedly around a race track because he used some super additive. An old friend of mine told me once "Just because some a$$h*!&" stands up in front of a group of people and says something doesn't mean it's true". So forgive me if I'm not a believer - yet. I'd just rather see it for myself. I will probably buy some of that stuff from you next time I need it, unless I hear it doesn't work as well as advertised. Brent

Jeff, I posted here months ago about washing rust off and absolutely NOBODY responded so I deleted my post. Kept it to myself. Since then I have watched so many rust discussions it finally got to me and I gave a little extra information and a couple of pictures to boot. Considering what is being presented the interest seemed mediocre at best. Too many info-mercials I believe is to blame. If you look back at the message thread I started you will see that my intention was to offer the product on Monday or Tuesday...MadManX[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=6635&mode=short&startwith=40']http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/ShowMessage.asp?MsgID=6635&mode=short&startwith=40[/a]

I do recall your original post way back when. At that time you advertised it as a rust removal service with few details. I thought to myself, why would I want to ship my parts off to someone to do something I can do myself. I assumed your were doing something similar to sand blasting. I don't remember you saying you had a miracle product at that time. Maybe my memory is faulty. Even if I knew then it was a miracle product, I would still rather have purchased it done the process myself than to ship the parts off and have to pay for the product, the labor and the shipping. Brent

Yes, I saw that on Monday or Tuesday that you 'wood' be coming out of the 'woodshed', so to speak. You didn't hear from me, because all of my projects are done - thank goodness. I was definitely lurking on the sidelines with interest, as I am gearing up for a muscle car restoration. Looks like a great product, and I suspect sales will be brisk. I clearly understand that surface preparation is the most critical step in the restoration process. Good luck. ;o) Jeff

Shipping parts to me and then back to you would be crazy. That's why I had to "clear" the offering to the club members with the originator of the product. He and I work together in offering this product. Shipping the product to you makes much more sense. When I read messages or anything else,if any question pops up in my head I investigate and ask for more information. It's my nature to zoom in on "wash rust off" and I left the post for a couple of days waiting for anything. This time I expected people to respond with how many hours they spent removing rust off a part on their tractors and that they were tired of doing it the hard way. Like descriptions of stooping over a panel with a sanding disk for hours only to have those pock marks still filled with rust where you can't reach. MadManX

I am a distributor. Same prices...You can buy from them or Me....If you contact them mention my name.. Now why would you suppose I was asking about how much interest there was here? How about how much product to purchase? How about whether to continue with my derust business plans only here in NY?..I noticed some wondering if it works, even after I showed you photos and testified to its true rust removing capabilities there are still disbelievers....MadManX

Woody, Between your testemonial and the products web page I will absolutely give it a try. Also, I prefer to buy from our sponsors and members when possible. I didn't mean to spoil your coming out plans though. Like you, when my interest gets piqued, I start looking for answers. Steve

If you have questions about requirements or techniques to follow you can contact me by email...If you want to buy from me that would be OK..Buying from them is OK also..I do not want to compete with them at all..MadManX

Woody!! Wooooo, back up, dude!!!! You brought up an interesting subject!!!!! If it removes that nasty galvanize, another market for you and them is welders!!!!!!! That stuff is a killer, and needs to be removed before any welding. Something to do this, short of grinding would be a great help!!!!! JoeJ[A href='http://www.oldwelder.com']http://www.oldwelder.com[/a]