Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

kt issues

Koabd1978

ok ,so dad and I just got another kt powered tractor , got it home ran it around for a bit to test her out , decided to mow with it so pulled deck off the 17 GTH-L and installed on new tractor.  any who was mowing with it for about 10 mins and it shut off. got her started after a few minutes and made another stripe and a half and shut off again .checked spark and didn't have strong one so swapped coil. it stays running fine at idle but when you have it under load it keeps shutting down , oil level is good ,fresh fuel, just don't know what is up with it . any help is appreciated

Did u Tune it up?

Carb clean ?

Spark gaped good ?

points adjusted to 0.20?

Did u check to see if any of the PTO pulleys  seized ?

Does the drive shaft spin freely with no binding or issues ?

Could be the relay, if it is weak or has poor connections it could be heating up  while charging the battery, and tripping out.  Cutting power to the coil.  Cools off and resets.

Edited by MikeES
  • Like 1

well I'll try my back up to the back up coil, and check relay think I have a spare of that too  thanks all , i already stripped decals off hood so I can't take it back to previous owner lol . 

• Like 1

Perhaps the condenser too?   And check all wiring connections, including the ground wires related to the ignition system.

• Like 1