Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Carry all attachment on late model Sovereign

jimmystractor

I like to put my carry all box on my Sovereign 18 Hydro. I am noticing however that it does not fit right because of the way the rear lift is on the Sovereign. I did a search and found another member (hotrodtractor) having a similar problem but he ended up putting it on an older tractor and has not logged on in years. 

Has as anyone been able mount a carry all box on a late model Sovereign? Is there a trick?

Well, after carefully cutting part of the rear lift, it works great now! I know at least one other member struggled with this in the past and seemed to give up. I found that on a search. Hopefully the photo helps someone one day!

It is the giant "tab" that hits the carry all and makes it bind and not fit right on the late model Sovereign. I cut this with a hacksaw and then smoothed it out.

IMG_1030.JPG

Nice fabrication work! Did you use the beer as a motivational tool or was that in place for reference only?

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Nice fabrication work! Did you use the beer as a motivational tool or was that in place for reference only?

Both?

• Like 1