Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Today's mystery part.

rokon2813

Not positive it even goes to a tractor, and for sure not Simplicity that I know of,

But does anyone have a clue what this might be / go to / do ????

It appears to only actuate in one direction, and is momentary? Meaning when you release it it returns itself.

All I can see the handle doing is clutching the pulley, so to use whatever it is, you would have to hold it engaged. Not sure if hydraulic pressure spins the pulley, or the pulley spins the unit. ??????

001 003.jpg

001 004.jpg

001 005.jpg

001 006.jpg

There is weld like someone added the second pulley. is there two hole in the back, can make one out the second on looks like a hole to screw a hose in. It could be a hydraulic pump.

Hello, is other any other markings on the bottom of the mounting flange? all I saw was" Pat Pending"

could be a hydraulic pump with a dog clutch

thanks Ken in Mi 

The other hole does look like for another fitting.

The pat pend is followed by C601 or 0601.

That is the only markings I can find

Hydraulic pump. Suction inlet has the barbed fitting. Looks like no fitting on the discharge, and that bolt on top is probably part of the pressure regulator. Casting on the end looks like it probably has two gears in it, inlet passage on left, outlet on right. Standard gear pump. Control piston is located under the spring on the handle.

After playing with it a little more, I'm thinking On Demand Hydraulics of some sort.

The control piston was stuck, so it looks like you push the handle to engage the clutch and it pumps, maybe moving something up. Pull the handle in the opposite direction and it releases the pulley and opens the valve, like gravity down...

Also measured the pulley. This thing takes at least a 7/8" belt.

Now what to do with it, LOL Still like to know it's purpose just to get rid of it.

I have an old hydro tank, and some oil. Might just have to hook it up and see if it pumps the way I think it does.....

• Like 1