Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

20" Cooper Klipper

fishnwiz

Check out a few pics of my 20" Cooper I have owned for several years. Self Propelled 2.5 hp Briggs. Cut dry grass awesome!   Can't use on any grass if its damp as it don't cut worth a cr%p

IMG_6876.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6878.jpg

IMG_6879.jpg

Pretty amazing how they cut with a 2.5hp engine. ...the cut is BETTER THAN some of the 6 hp machines that you can buy today.

Six blade reel  WOOD ROLLERS...Blades are in great shape with factory paint still on them. Used very little. I was thinking of repainting the motor deck but most likly not worth my time!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the nice fine clippings flying out of the rear of the mower while cutting. I finally got this ol girl dialed in as the distance between the blades and the cutting bar is critical for these to work correctly.

Sure looks cool.  I agree, repainting would not improve something that looks this nice originally.  

Yep, I remember cutting grass as a kid with a self propelled reel mower - sure made the clippings fly out the rear!   BUT I talked my dad into finally buying the new fangled 18" Foley Scotsman rotary mower.  Pushing that rotary got old after a while, but a new owner got our old self propelled reel so there was no going back!.  What the heck was I thinking?

• Like 1

i remember my dad bought an old Jacobsons that had a wind up starter on it. You would fold out the handle and crank it up and then slap the handle back down and it was supposed to start the mower :S

I remember doing one heck of a lot of cranking and NO starting!  Also got my fingers caught a few times slapping down the handle. 

Echo has a similar type setup but it works on the pull cord instead..works ok but NOT great!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BMinor0788
    • Brettw
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts