Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Clutch Rod Assembly - 154364

laytonlight

Wanted to see if anyone has had these reproduced or reproduced them. (I checked the repro parts topic.) These are both from Landlords, a 2010 and a 2012. They're for engaging the front PTO. I checked with my machine shop today thinking it wouldn't be a big deal but he said it would be complicated and essentially said at $60.00 per hour it would cost too much. I can't see where it would be that difficult using some good strength stock, one bend and tack on a bolt. I'd try it myself but I never did take that welding course. :( He may have just not wanted to mess with it, but he agreed to make an air filter rod for an old Briggs carb that he thought would not take much time at all. Any idea on why one is longer than the other? Also seems strange that both broke in approximately the same spot. I may check with some weld shops. Just renewed my membership. Glad to be back! 

154364.jpg

Edited by laytonlight

I think I would of take a piece of tubing with the ID the same size of the rod and use the tube to weld the rod back together.

A lot of places don't want bothered with a piece there not going to make any money on .

I see your in Mo. or if close I'ld make ya one, shipping would be the killer

Find someone local and have them weld it back together.

12 hours ago, laytonlight said:

Wanted to see if anyone has had these reproduced or reproduced them. (I checked the repro parts topic.) These are both from Landlords, a 2010 and a 2012. They're for engaging the front PTO. I checked with my machine shop today thinking it wouldn't be a big deal but he said it would be complicated and essentially said at $60.00 per hour it would cost too much. I can't see where it would be that difficult using some good strength stock, one bend and tack on a bolt. I'd try it myself but I never did take that welding course. :( He may have just not wanted to mess with it, but he agreed to make an air filter rod for an old Briggs carb that he thought would not take much time at all. Any idea on why one is longer than the other? Also seems strange that both broke in approximately the same spot. I may check with some weld shops. Just renewed my membership. Glad to be back! 

154364.jpg

Buy ur own welder they are cheap , very handy around the house .

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm going to check with a couple of small weld shops in the area and see if someone could make a couple of these up. Maybe next tax return for the welder. :D