Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Working out the bugs on the B110 almost across the finish line

Gcabinet1

So a few more questions on the 110 starts great runs good turn the key off and it still just wants to keep running.

how do I test the ignition switch ,4 post.

second question does anyone know what belt I use for the power takeoff , the one that's on now keeps coming off when I disengage 

the lever on the left side. 

Thanks so much for all help I will post pictures when I get the deck on!

Gary

Keeps running means it is not grounding the coil, take connection at switch and clean contacts , clean switch to frame ,might be rusty , assuming all wiring correct .

If this  didn't help, u have to do a continuity test on the ground wire .

Others will shim about belt

I had a similar situation on a B10 - nice paint job all over and few ground connection opportunities. Rather than remove bolts and scuff things I ended up running extra wires back to the engine housing, which is grounded. 

As far as the problem with the PTO belt coming off, make sure all of your idlers spin. Another thing to check for are any belt guides used to hold a belt in place while it is disengaged that might be missing. Simplicity equipment I see usually has either a wire guide or a bracket preventing the belt from coming off.