Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CVSB10JCS

Mulching/Leaf Blades

CVSB10JCS

Does anyone have the part number for the Oregon or Gator blades for a Sovereign deck?  I am trying to get ready for fall and thought a "hi-lift" mulching blade would be better for the turbo I am working on

rokon2813

Not sure you can get left hand gators anymore, but I will say this.

Having used both on the same deck and same yard, I prefer standard blades over gators with a vac system.

The gators do chop finer, but I think the standards create more suction and leave a cleaner job....

rich_kildow

I'll second what rokon2813 said.  I've used standard blades with a rear vac, gators with a rear vac, and gators with both the deck turbo and rear vac together.  Only when I ran both vacs did see drastically improved performance, but there definitely was better flow up the chute with the standard blades when only running the rear vac.  

The difference in what was in the trailer was noticeable with gators.  Pieces were less than the size of the thumbnail, which works great for me because I use the leaves to till into my garden and for mulch around my blueberries and asparagus.  They break down very quickly and I don't find anything recognizable in the spring when planting.  

• Like 1

MikeES

I will third that, I use a 42" deck with Peco blower/bagger.   I use the Gator because it creates smaller pieces, and what is not picked up will disappear quickly. 

With the 42" deck the regular blades will leave nothing but green...and suck up more dirt.

haykarenhardy

90-942 gator blades I think are for the 42 inch old style left hand discharge. Just checked OREGON QUALITY AFTERMARKET PARTS - GATOR MULCHER BLADE SIMPLICITY 90-942 from Amazon.

Price: $16.57 + $16.00 shipping   
Kind of Hi Priced now
Stan

rich_kildow

SOMEBODY STICKY THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!  

Or do whatever that equivalent is in the new forum to make sure this is easy to find?  Maybe #ultimatebladeguide

Edited by rich_kildow
  • Like 1

PhanDad

I added the full catalogs to the "Download" area of the site:

https://simpletractors.com/files/category/12-other/

Lot's of blade info for many brands of mowers in those catalogs. 

I've found them usual when someone's cleaning out NOS stuff and the numbers listed are old and don't match new info - eg. for the 48" deck old Gator "gull wing" replacement blade is #90-892 (2005 catalog, note the pic isn't correct; I've bought these blades and they are "gull wing") vs the newer #96-692 (2012 catalog, pic wrong again I believe).