Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Vinnie_A

A /C B 110 Transmission advice needed

Vinnie_A
I am dismantling my B 110 for restoration and have the rear wheels and transmission still attached as a unit.The transmission will slide back and forth 1/8 inch along the axel tube and in doing so makes a clunking noise. I had planned on replacing the leaking transmission seals and the gasket.Is there something else here that needs to be replaced? Thanks again in advance for your help. Vinnie

MPH
Vinnie, 1/8 inch doesn't sound like a lot of end play but glancing in my book I didn't find any #. I'll try to research it more when I don't have super sitting in my lap..MPH Thought there was an end play tollance when I redid the tranny on my 112 but guess not. Manual says to set collar on left side so there is no end play. Your 110 should have a couple wear washers in there as the book says they were added on later production models..

pwrstrokin
I just rebuilt the trans. in my B110. I noticed a little bit of play in the axle too. I only replaced the seals and the gasket. Just make sure you get the wear washers in the right place for re-assembly. If you don't have a manual I suggest you invest in one. Tells you how to dissassemble the entire trans. Hope this helps. Jim