Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 710

UthMinJoe

I just recently acquired an Allis Chalmers 710. I don't know much about these, I don't know if it's a late series or an early series. It is a 3 speed. I also am wanting to restore it. Are there any good sites for decals? Also what is supposed to be painted the correct colors? I know the body is Allis Chalmers orange, my deck is white. Is that correct?

20170729_171120.jpg

That would be an early series and yes the deck should be white , not a real bright white, more of a canvass or off white. welcome to the club

• Like 1

Kubota orange to my eyes is exactly the same color as the factory orange on those A/C's. TSC and Rural King both carry that color in the Majic brand. I've had good results with it...The Allis Chalmers orange is actually a different color than what they used on the garden tractors...it is less red.

I have also had good luck with maple hunter.

Edited by DaveTenney
  • Like 1

I have a 710 that I bought brand new and it has a 42 inch deck and it is orangeI also have the snowblower 36 inch and tiller, also Allis Orange.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 1:04 PM, lt-scir said:

Looks like a good project for you and the OLD guy on the tractor.

hahaha thanks! I'm pretty excited about it! I do youth ministry and this is one of the kids in my youth group, and he hasn't driven anything this old before. I thought that was cool. 

On 8/1/2017 at 9:10 PM, DaveBsACs said:

That would be an early series and yes the deck should be white , not a real bright white, more of a canvass or off white. welcome to the club

Can you explain more on what the difference is between an early series and a late series? Thanks, I'm glad to be a part of the club! 

the easiest way is the headlight configuration, bucket or pod system on the early models, they are built in to the grill on the later models. if you  are positive the original engine is still in it you can date it  that way as well. I believe the later models had orange decks and running boards too. Someone else will have to take it from here, I am sure there are several other differences but this is how I can identify.

• Like 1