Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What to do

a_sannine

Long story short a guy came and bought few things from me 3 month ago , one of the stuff he bought a snow blower , he was suppose to pick  second day  , I need the space as my herd keeps on  growing rapidlysm06, I have contacted his more than 5 time thru the past 3 month and he keeps on lying at me , I will pick up , but never shows , blower been paid for , I need the room , what's the right thing to do?

The guy hitting on my nerves  lying at me .

Edited by a_sannine

Give him 1 week to get it out or you are reselling or going to scrap it.

No way I would store it for no charge as he has had plenty time to come and get it.

If you still have email communications regarding coming to pick up the blower in your mailbox. ...create a folder for all of them and save for a few months .

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

Give him 1 week to get it out or you are reselling or going to scrap it.

No way I would store it for no charge as he has had plenty time to come and get it.

If you still have email communications regarding coming to pick up the blower in your mailbox. ...create a folder for all of them and save for a few months .

I agree with Mark no way I would store either, he either comes and gets it or I'ld probably just throw outside and if he comes and it's all rusted oh-well. Just my $.02

• Like 1

If you don't want to bother selling or scrapping it. Tell the dead beat buyer your going to do as Lloyd said and do a curb alert on Craigslist. ..that is that you are going to drag the blower to the curb and list it as FREE  ( under free stuff) to whom ever gets there 1st.

It will be gone in less than 1 day I bet.

Edited by fishnwiz

I am so disgusted to pick the phone and  call him again , but I have to do it for the last time so I don't feel guilty .

I agree with what's been said so far.  One last call, and let him know it goes to the curb for "free to the first one" by XX date and his payment will be considered storage fees.  I've been down that road in the past and it's always a weird situation to be in.  

• Like 2

Left him a voice message this morning , giving him a 5 days notice to pick up or I am gonna get rid of it , one o'clock called me freaking out apologizing , and promised to pick tonight , 5,30pm now he didn't show up yet, my last try with him . He is getting on my nerves , just hate when crap like this happens.

Edited by a_sannine
  • Like 1

I would say you've been more than fair.

He don't show tonight I'ld call it quits, either sell or give away which ever suits you. Just my $.02

• Like 1

I would probably handle a little bit differ than the crowd here. I'm glad he picked it up and it is a non issue, now. But I think if you had said, " screw it" and put it out by the curb, it may have come back to haunt you. If the dude came and slashed tires or some other type of vandalism that would be hard to prove, it would of really sucked.

Maybe the dude is just lazy or is not super motivated but maybe he has a loved one dying of cancer or something else awful and pickin up a snowblower he paid for already isn't his biggest priority.

Edited by jimmystractor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, a_sannine said:

Finally he took it .

wch

Nothing like a good, healthy threat to generate some motivatin'. dOd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dhoadley said:

Nothing like a good, healthy threat to generate some motivatin'. dOd

Exactly !!  Sorry I understand other motives and illnesses but when a deal is struck honor it or make arrangments to handle, don't just let someone hanging.

Glad he finally picked it up.   Just my $.02

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got rid of it. I am setting with a 35 one row pull type picker that was paid for in 2014, have not heard from him for ever. Last time I sent him anything I told him it was going outside and it has set there every since, guess it will set there and rust away. I haven't even seen a post from him on the Allis Chalmers sight.

33 minutes ago, tadams said:

Glad to hear you got rid of it. I am setting with a 35 one row pull type picker that was paid for in 2014, have not heard from him for ever. Last time I sent him anything I told him it was going outside and it has set there every since, guess it will set there and rust away. I haven't even seen a post from him on the Allis Chalmers sight.

It it possible he has passed and no one wants to tell you ?

• Like 1