Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Decisions AC 710 or Simp 3410? what would you do??

johnmonkey

I went to another tractor graveyard today and there was a simplicity 3410 (~1972). It had a BS 10hp engine and a rear lift with a 3 speed trans & BGB. The guy said he would take $100.00 for the tractor (with a 42" mower deck). the body was not too rusty and the gas tank was missing along with the carburator. Now the decision part. A while back at another junk yard I found an AC 710 (~1978) 6 speed trans, it had a complete motor (Kohler)and a 42" mower deck. The body was rusty it also has wheel weights (plastic filled w/sand). That guy wants $150.00 (he also said it was running). What tractor would you puchase -if any??? PS I may be able to talk them both down. Thanks John H

May as well buy both now and then stay away from them graveyards. You see, if you go to the graveyards, then don't rescue the tractor you saw, the AC ghost will haunt ya..MPH

MPH is right, Get both so you don't stay awake at night wondering what you COULD have done with the one you didn't buy. O buy the way, I think the AC ghost sounds something like BBUUYYYYYYY IT, BBUUYYYYYYY IT.

MPH is right, Get both so you don't stay awake at night wondering what you COULD have done with the one you didn't buy. O buy the way, I think the AC ghost sounds something like BBUUYYYYYYY IT, BBUUYYYYYYY IT. Or thats what mine sounds like anyway.

Both no doubt! And yes, try taliking them down alittle even if only $10- $20 off. Theres enough parts there to make them worth it.

John buy buy buy -you can never have to many.Just look at MPH, he is bring them home by the trailer load.Sure would like to have a grave yard like that near me.Or even close by would help.The parts should not be to hard to find.And you know you have some of the BEST help and advice there is .--Have a good one.-Ron B

I agree with everyone else, tractors are like guns, no mater how many you have you can always have a couple more. Buy both! You could get two running tractors with a couple of more dollars invested and a little time. You could have his and hers tractors, or just sell one to another deserving individual, and gain another member to the club. John