Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 900 series Project!!!

Alltractoredup

I have been wanting to do a custom Allis based off the 900/7100 body style.  They are my favorite series and parts readily available.  I found a roller 916H in great shape, perfect candidate for parts and bought from another member a 900/Sovereign frame and parts as the basis for the build.  There are a few "must haves" with this custom build....

1. Extended front frame and hood for cooler look and extra room under hood
  2. A strong and reliable engine.  Going with a Kawasaki FD620D that is liquid cooled(kinda cool)
  3. Power Steering and not necessarily Simplicity factory version
  4. Stronger front axle and 5-bolt wheel spindles 
  5. Dual hydraulic front and rear ports for attachments
  6. Auxillary engine oil and hydraulic oil cooler located in front of tractor
  7. Cat 0 Three point hitch
  8. Custom front grill

Hopeful Additions:

1. Diesel engine!!!!  so spendy....
  2. Custom grader blade with hydraulic lift and 4-way angleing
  3. 60" front plow
  4. Allis 38" HD tiller.  I had one once and sold it.....

So far I have the Kawasaki from a Cub Cadet as well as other donor parts.  I will be using an automotive 12" electric fan instead of the mechanical Kawasaki one.  I will be using power steering parts from Cub Cadet most likely.  I may use an automotive power steering pump instead.  Front axle and wheel hubs are from a Toro Groundsmaster rear axle off ebay.  All tires are brand new Deestone Ag tires.  I bought two extra rear rims and tires for a dual wheel setup too.  

Enjoy the pics and feel free to ask questions or make comments

20170804_111605.jpg

20170804_111613.jpg

20170804_111546.jpg

20170804_111556.jpg

20170804_111623.jpg

20170804_111629.jpg

20170805_165413.jpg

20170805_165425.jpg

20170805_165446.jpg

20170805_165526.jpg

Edited by Alltractoredup
more info
  • Like 1

I thought I could put notes on each picture but was unsuccessfull.  Here are some more details:

Front tires are 4.00 x 8  (Deere donor rims)

Rear tires are 6.00 - 14

Steel Wheels are 14 x 5.5 x 4.25 bolt pattern

I had to use a massive 1" x 7" bolt for the front axle

I just bought a new Hobart 130 Welder and still trying to dial in my welding skills.  Been doing the good ole weld, grind reweld in the pocket deal a little bit

I used 2" aluminum wheel spacers for the rear wheels for a wider stance and to measure up better with the front axle upgrade.  I have to admit I was lucky that between the wheel spacers, larger rear tires and new front axle and wheels, it all levelled out perfectly!!  The measured this out before hand but never imagined it would be spot on.

• Like 2

Here is some more I did tonight.  Reworking the Cub Cadet Steering column to work with the existing Allis Steering column and gauge face plate.  After some measuring and cutting I think I am pretty close.  The bugs started attacking and my wife is on her way home.  Time to clean up.  I need to cut down the steering shaft and weld together.  The steering valve will fit comfortably behind the battery with plenty of room for fluid lines.

20170805_193220.jpg

20170805_193233.jpg

20170805_193250.jpg

20170805_193422.jpg

20170805_195646.jpg

20170805_200635.jpg

3 hours ago, Alltractoredup said:

I thought I could put notes on each picture but was unsuccessfull.  

To add a comment between pics, if you place the cursor after the pic and press "return", a new line will appear and you can add comments.  If you want to do this to the first post in this thread, choose the "edit" feature at the bottom of your post.  Or when constructing the post, you can upload all the pics at once, but insert them into the post one-at-a-time (pic is inserted just after the cursor position) and type your comments as you go.

Great fab work  Looks fantastic. 

• Like 1

Looks good, love to see these custom jobs.

Am interested in that cub steering could you post more pictures and the size, thank you

• Like 1

Nice work Jaxon bringing thoughts to reality. Those 900 series are a good solid foundation to start with on a project like this. Keep the dialog rolling and best wishes for good working conditions.  

Edited by gwiseman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 720nut said:

Am interested in that cub steering could you post more pictures and the size, thank you

These little steering valves are great! I will get more pocs soon

6 hours ago, 720nut said:

Here is a closer look.  Came out of a 3000 series cub cadet.

20170806_104538.jpg

20170806_104530.jpg

Looks like what I need for my diesel 720 project, if it ever gets off the ground  , thanks

How are you going to connect hyd. lines ?

Edited by 720nut

21 hours ago, 720nut said:

Looks like what I need for my diesel 720 project, if it ever gets off the ground  , thanks

How are you going to connect hyd. lines ?

I will check with a local hydraulic shop about having steel lines or rubber lines made.  I may have to see about using the existing ends and having a hose crimped on by a shop too.  Its a work in progress 

Been away from the tractor this week.  I decided to get a better welding setup and switch from flux core to MIG.  Much better results when practicing.  I hope to hit it hard this weekend and make some progress

On 8/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, gravey72 said:

No worries, your audience will be here when you return!

I already ate all my milk duds and popcorn. ...hope it's not too long a wait!:D

• Like 2

Well...this weekend went by fast with little progress.  Spent far more time planning and packing for our family vacation to the Black Hills area in SD.  I will be gone a week so project progress has officially come to a haltwah

I spent some time figuring out the steering geometry.  I am using GM inner and outer tie rods for steering linkage.  I cut off the inner tie rod ball joints and welded the two inners together after doing some measuring.

20170812_134503.jpg

20170814_121837.jpg

1 minute ago, Alltractoredup said:

I spent some time figuring out the steering geometry.  I'm using a small GM car inner and outer tie rods for the steering linkage.  I cut off the inner tie rod ball joints and welded the two inners together after doing some measuring.

20170812_134503.jpg

20170814_121837.jpg

The steering cylinder is off my 3205 cub cadet donor tractor.  I will need to drill a hole next to the steering linkage tie rod for cylinder mount.

I also spent WAY more time on the steering column and steering valve than I wanted.  After cutting, grinding and making small welds, I realized at some point I mad the steering wheel mount bachwards!!!  So, instead of the wheel facing back towards the driver it angled towards the front of tractor!dz.  I had to walk away and clear my head after that....sm00

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

I already ate all my milk duds and popcorn. ...hope it's not too long a wait!:D

guess I've been away to long but looks like your making good progress

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • SmilinSam
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts