Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shuttle?????

Bunky

I have a 410 shuttle and just love it. The trick is to set it up correctly.I went step by step through a simplicity service manual.

Hello i'm going to buy a Simplicity not sure what model yet soverign, landlord etc. it has been repainted andthe decals are gone. my question is it has a shuttle. Are these a good unit or are the troublesome???

Bunky, I was going to do the same thing last fall. I did a single word search for "shuttle" in the discussion and by the time I'd read all of the negative comments I changed my mind. Seems there are two sides. Those that love them and those that hate them. No one in the middle. The haters were louder than the lovers. You might want to read the comments for yourself and form your own opinion. Ron

I'm in the "love it" camp. I bought a fairly well used 712S in 97. Mowed 1 acre every week for 4 years and the shuutle was never an issue. Did replace all of the belts in 98 though, including the shuttle. Get a service manual and take the time to adjust it properly when you put on a new belt, and it will be fine. I use it at least 50 times every time I mow. A huge timesaver.