Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SHOW WEEK IS HERE! 2017 Gathering of the Orange

Talntedmrgreen

In case you haven't caught wind, and need a great way to spend a day or entire weekend next week, the Gathering of the Orange is taking place at the Oakley Old Gas Engine Show in oakley, MI.  

The event has been shared and discussed in our Events forum, here:  2017 GOTO Discussion

Its show week!   I have already heard from folks setup in the camping area in the grounds and it sounds like tractors have been rolling in. 

Josh,

I see the B207 in the back of the bunch, looking nice!  Did you do much to it?  

Have fun at the show, wish it were closer, I would love to see it sometime.  Retirement in 3 1/2 years, then hopefully time will allow more long traveling.

Steve

2 hours ago, steve-wis said:

Josh,

I see the B207 in the back of the bunch, looking nice!  Did you do much to it?  

Have fun at the show, wish it were closer, I would love to see it sometime.  Retirement in 3 1/2 years, then hopefully time will allow more long traveling.

Steve

Steve, all I do is keep the battery fresh and put gas in it!  Great little machine.  I did find OEM hood knobs for it, but need to come up with a solution for the gas tank side...it's too tight there to use a knob.  Might just cut the threaded end off and glue it on for style! dOd   That small white cart is the little AC 4 cu ft cart, and it will be displayed with the 206. 

That B-206 is my middle son's machine.  He isn't quite as intuitive of a driver as my oldest was at his age, but we're learning on other toy vehicles.  Some day he will take the 206 for a cruise.  My oldest could probably mow the lawn if I let him.  Fantastic driver (for age 4).  He has a small go kart he drives and does a wonderful job, though I cannot imagine dad will ever approve of loosening the governor up d:)

I did mean B206, fingers don't always go where I want them to on a keyboard any more. Glad to see it being run, I always did like the little thing, but I am using the 627 far more, it is my main mowing tractor on our little town lot.

Steve

A bit of new info. Sounds like folks are arriving and the gate crew working the days leading up to the show werent aware of where lawn and garden should go. Organizers confirm that our area is south (and now also west) of the Mill Barn. I have shown this in red.

We are asked to begin setting up on the West end of this area along the drive, and filling in to the East back toward the Allis AG area. They expect to overflow, despite having pushed back some of the flea market areas.

The green 'X' is where you will enter, and the green line is how you should be directed to our area.

Revised 2017 web mapACver.jpg

Oh man

I am really feeling left out on this one.

Wish I was there.

Safe trip and hope the weather holds out for you guy's. 

Too bad the Eclipse is not until next week. ..That would have made for a real special show.

13 minutes ago, fishnwiz said:

Too bad the Eclipse is not until next week. ..That would have made for a real special show.

"Allis in the Moonshade"