Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

? Vangaurd guys need some help please and thank you

hurleyii

Ok I purchased a 2500 series Cub for the 21hp Vangaurd as a donor for my 7116h Here is what I got.  Ok there is two before new cylinder head pics  (not loaded in order), and yes I got screwed over on the engine!) Then we have after the new head pictures. 

If you guys look at what should be the very last picture you will see a good clean pic of the top of the carb. What appears to be a vacuum port had no cap on it and is just sitting there free to suck or vent. That doesn't make sense to me and I feel it should be plugged or capped . So cap it correct guys?

20170801_105634.jpg

20170812_212808.jpg

20170801_105627.jpg

20170812_212819.jpg

20170812_212834.jpg

1502630631817141310064.jpg

Gosh I know it's yellow but nothing but crickets.  Lol 

I promise I just bought it for the motor guys !  I have to mow while the simplicity gets restored though. 

No that vaccine line that's on the back side of carb pointing at angle at the carbs throat. It was not hooked to anything when I pulled air cleaner. At this time I've plugged it. Unfortunately my fuel pump cracked so I have to order a new pump before start up. Otherwise it's all done. 

Well I never did find out what that vacuum fitting is for but the tractor won't do much with it plugged so back off it came. 

Engine is running good now for all purposes except the governor keeps kicking the idel up at low rpm's.   

I checked compression and cylinder 2 now has 160 now after the new head, cylinder one is at 150. Starts instantly now and she doesn't choke out when deck is engaged now. Just mowed for about 15 min. as u had to hook deck up and grease it all up good . By time I was done it was dark. 

Well now I just have to get the Husqavarna chain saw rebuilt by the weekend and I'm ready for the long weekend if cutting down trees.  Wish me luck guys tomorrow afternoon I start the saw build. After that 7116h restore will be getting under way. After all winter is almost here.