Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Exhaust

jverhaag

Anyone have close up pictures of how they rerouted the front mounted exhaust pipe on the 4041. I'm tired of sucking exhaust. I would like to see picture of how you fixed this issue. Did you weld to the existing muffler, run tube, cut the hood, etc....Thanks. 

Here's three I have hope they help

one on right , I cut old pipe off and went to auto parts and bought a 1.250 dia. 90* pipe and welded it to muffler

one on left is for a Powermax single picture is my 720

I also have one on my 620 that exits thru the hood like the big boys/ has to be removed to fuel or do anything that requires being under hood, no real big problem

DSCN1559.JPG

DSCN1562.JPG

Edited by 720nut

Thank you. After looking at the pictures, is there a reason I person could not cut a new port on the end of the chamber and weld a new pipe directly to that. Effectively moving the exit port straight out the side with out the 90 degree angle on the front. Then you could exit out and up/down without cutting the hood. 

The exhaust port is centered between the inlets because there is a chamber inside. If you put it off to one side arbitrarily, it won't work the same as a muffler.

Jlasater is right.  You would lose the silencing effect of the baffles.  Might as well use a coffee can.

Cut back the front pipe, put on a tee and go out both sides and then up with chrome stacks.  Here is a good excuse to buy that Harbor Freight pipe bender you always wanted.

But after trying to fabricate an exhaust for my 725, I am just about ready to take it to The Muffler Man.  He did a heck of a job on my 707.

Another thing you could do is bypass the muffler all together.  Come out directly from the heads off to each side and up with chrome stacks/mufflers.

Edited by wwbragg
addition

All great information. Jalister I have not seen the inside of the muffler. That makes perfect sense as to why "someone" couldn't do that. Thank you. 

Wwbragger. Awesome ideas. I will start looking into that tomorrow. I hadn't thought of either idea. Thank you.