Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Hb 212 compares to Simplicity ??

macallis180

going to look at a 48" deck for use on an Hb 212. The deck is AC yellow and apart. I see lots of Simplicity tractor/deck numbers in the technical info,  but can anyone tell me which Simplicity compares to the Hb 212 so I know if the deck is correct, and I can then find out sizes on the PTO and crossdrive belts.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I have pics of my 48" allis deck for my HB212 that may help you.  I can get better pics tomorrow evening.  

Thanks Nick.

For some reason I can't see the picture you sent.

The mule drive driven pulley is 4". When you take the deck picture, can you check this pulley size so I know whether the mule drive is correct for the tractor?

Thanks.

Any yellow deck will work under an hb212.  Any orange footdragger deck will too. 3212H is the direct equivilent to the hb212 but the 3012, 3112V, 3112H, 3212V and 3212H all used the 48" deck.  You can also use a deck from a 3300 series RBT since they used the same mid pto. 

• Like 1

Does your HB212 have the double v belt mule drive pulley?

Most of the HB212, B212, and Simplicity 3314 with the 48" deck used the double v belt to drive the deck.  Most of the simplicities 3000 series used the single belt.  

• Like 1

Mule drive only has single 4" pulley, but tractor didn't have a mule drive when previous owner bought it. Double pulley on the HB, however.

Spare PTO's are plentiful...I'd find a deck you like and if you need the single PTO pulley to match, it should be easy to find free or close to it.

Been one of those weeks I'm jappy are over.  Here are some pics as promised.  Hope this helps and not too late

20170827_162306.jpg

20170827_165030.jpg

20170827_165022.jpg

• Like 1

My deck I just bought is kinda knarly, but I think I can make it work. Something dropped on the discharge end some years ago -  bent it up bad, must have broken the arbor out as a piece of the deck is missing and arbor has been welded to deck. Mowed rocks too I think as rear edges of blades are mostly broken off. Belt covers are from a 42" mower as those were all we saw available. Don't fit, but maybe some big washers can help hold them down!