Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New poll on your favorite engine...

Kent

Kent, Just kidding, I like the engines that run. I predict anything Kohler will win hands down...MadManX

Well, with over 50% of the votes the front-end loader was clearly the winner in the "most wanted" attachment category.... I've started a new poll on your favorite engine, listing these choices: Briggs single Kohler single Briggs I/C flat twin Kohler KT twin Briggs Vanguard V-twin Kohler Command V-twin Onan CCKA/CCKB twin Couple of points: (1) Let's keep this to a "friendly poll" since I know there's some strong feelings on some of these... (2) I've had to "generalize" to get this down to only seven choices -- if one of these general categories is NOT your favorite (your favorite is a Honda, Kawasaki, Kohler Triad, or other engine) simply don't respond. I couldn't list ALL possible alternatives...

I'd keep them in the same order as you listed ,,, only switching brands to Koh for Briggs on the positions of the twins.That Koh. magnum twin is a very nice piece imo,,

Kent, I didn't vote because ANY engine that runs is okay with me. I do notice that the Briggs & Kohler singles are running away with the vote. I guess the poor guys that only have foot pegs for safety need something noisy and vibrating to keep them alert. Every once in a while I doze off while using my smooth & quiet V-twin Sovereign with the running boards.

Dutch, Is that before or after it chokes on all the grass clippings it sucks into the air cleaner? BTW, I understand that a grader blade is only about 1/2 as much fun, if the running boards prevent you from standing on the edge of the blade for downforce as you grade.... Kent

Being a Cub Cadet fan as well, I was fooled by the poll. I guess whatever you drive is what you like. Cadets are Kohler dominated and Simplicity is Briggs. Having both that run well made it a toss up for me. Not many Onan owners...MadManX

Good one Kent..made my day! I like the single cast irons because they sound like an antique tractor should. I wouldnt necessarily want one on my home back up generator, or my girls go cart. But it works perfect for the tractor - heavy, and a broader power curve. Beamer