Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Couple of belt questions...

Kent
1. What is the correct length of the belt that goes from the 3" BGB pulley to the large pulley of the tiller drive on a B-10/Big Ten? I've been using my tiller on my B-210 and want to put it on my Big Ten. Looking in the belt reference, I find both 55.9" and 44.9" listed for the equivalent Simplicity MFR #174 tiller... 2. What is the correct length of the belt that goes from the cone clutch PTO to a rear vac on an "old-style" 7000 series Simplicity that has the remote hydro filter? I want to get my vac set up to run on my hybrid "HB-210" with a Sundstrand out of a 7016H, yet using a vac off an old B-series. My hydro filter is NOT in the way of a belt... Did the older 7000's also use an optional idler setup like the later ones where the hydro filter was in the way? I have two backside idler pulleys on the drive side of the frame for my vac -- one fixed one for the bottom of the belt run, and a spring loaded one for the top of the belt run -- will this work? Or will I need to add another bracket and idlers somewhere?

Guest Jef
Kent to anwser the first question my tiller manual calls for a 56" belt from 3" to large pulley and a 42" from small to tiller. Jeff