Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any Two wheelers on here?

Gotrek

I have an old plow I was going to adapt to work with the 3 pt on my 9020.  Before starting the project I took a month to figure out what it's from.  And it looks like it's from an old Simplicity 2 Wheeled tractor...  Those walk behind ones :)  I searched around but couldn't find much info on them here :)  does anyone still use one?

plough[1].jpg

Edited by Gotrek

I haven't plowed with one lately but I have in the past and plan to again. There are a few jobs such as cultivation that I prefer a walker for, no need to turn around, the action is right in front of you. 

Would be easy enough to make a sleeve hitch adapter to use that plow on a rider. It might be a bit little for a 9020 though. 

8 hours ago, jlasater said:

That just means you can drive faster :-)

Yeah till you twist it up, look for a three point plow ya'll be happier in the end

• 3 weeks later...

It's fairly big I think the moldboard is 12 or 14", bigger then most of the cat 0 3 pt plows I've seen.  But the frame yeah is a bit weak :)  Thanks fo the advice though I'll keep it in mind :)

I'd guess the one pictured to be a nice 8 inch. Plow measurement is furrow width,  not mold board length. It's confusing until you get accustomed to it. A proper three point for your application would be a 12inch, it'll look huge next to that one. 

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a 1952 Model M1 a couple of years ago. That plow looks like the one that was with it. Go here: http://www.simplicityva.com/simpmodel-3.html

Is the best i have found for info on the tractors. Mine is not running as yet, too many other projects in front of it. It has the original Briggs Model 9 engine on it, and parts are few and far between.

• Like 1