Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

triad to command

gravey72

My apologies in advance since I'm sure this has been covered many times. I know the wiring is different and have been able to find those links on here but am having trouble finding the part about the flywheel adapter. Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like, part # or anything? Cant find them for the Honda anymore either so I thought I would throw a command in and cant seem to find the adapter 100% Thanks

Hello, if you have the Triad  ?   The flywheel driveshaft adapter  is the same. remove from Triad & bolt onto Command. 

Save the Triad  Mounting plate  it can be used to mount other engines for repower ( Briggs ,Honda   Predator ) , it is not used for the Command    

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Kohler-Engines-ADAPTER-FRONT-DRIVE-24-029-09-S-/231861480834?epid=1743429315&hash=item35fc056d82:g:T0YAAOSwM6NZsrSJ

Thanks Ken in Mi

Edited by maxwood

Wiring is pretty simple. All you need to do is move to wires.  The power wire moves from  battery stud down to the starter solenoid stud (red) and the starter relay wire (blue) moves to where the original starter wire was.

TriadtoCommand.jpg

In addition to BLT's wiring change, you need to change the gender of one of the wiring harness connectors, since the Command has a male connector (with female wire disconnects) and the Triad had a female connector (with male wire disconnects).  Most have found it easier to change the tractor harness connector. 

If you're interested in a detailed description with many pics, I documented the Triad to Command switch:

https://simpletractors.com/articles.html/articles/engine-repair-rebuilding/kohler-triad-replacement-command-r12/