Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Massey Ferguson

Brent_Baumer

Brent_Baumer
There is a MF tractor in the local paper today with snowblower, tiller lug tires and extra set of dual wheels. Needs engine. As-is. $250. I called but no answer. I am assuming this is an older Porter or AMF built tractor and not a MF2800 series by Simplicity. Question - does anyone know if there is a demand for the tiller and blower if it is indeed an older MF? I didn't see much on ebay except for some manuals. The MF Yahoo club is a joke too. I'd buy it for the lug tires if I can get my money back out of it by selling the attachments. Thanks, Brent

Brent_Baumer
Just talked to the guy it's an MF12 with blown engine. I told him I'd at least be interested in the lug wheels and tires if he doesn't sell the package as he wouldn't separate yet. Brent

They sure seem to sell out good for parts on Ebay. Even whole tractors not running have made me money, good money . Must be some kind of demand for them...........

There are people restoring the MF10,12,14,16 lines, and there is a relatively good demand for parts. A running MF12 with those attachments would sell for over $1000 in our area. I am in the middle of restoring an MF12 myself, and would buy the one you mentioned if it were closer. I don't think you would have any problem in getting your money back from the attachments. If you do buy it, I would be interested in the tiller gear box and the drive pulley. Pat

I had an MF7 hydro - late ‘60's early ‘70's?? It was a nice machine. I think you could put almost any side shaft engine in as a replacement and only need to fit new belts to accommodate any differences. People seem to like these tractors. Good luck what ever you do!!