Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CleanBee

b-1, early b-10 emblem difference?

CleanBee
Hi, Was there a difference in the front grill AC emblem on these two tractors. I know the early b-10 was a 3-d cast emblem about 2 1/4 in square diamond. Not certain about the b-1 anymore. Also, since were on the subject of the differences between these two tractors, my early b-10 came with a white handle on the lift arm when I bought it. Its seat tag has no serial number, but the engine number shows that the tractor was built in 63. Could this handle be original? Maybe Allis was using up some old stock. Did anyone elses come with this to? Thank, Dan

Guest Jef
To answer your emblem question I have seen is that they are the same between the B-1 and the B-10 early in which your engine year date would confirm that a model year '64 would have a '63 engine in it to be ready for delivery in '64

Kent
Don't get too hung up on the details like the grip on the lift lever. I think they sometimes used old parts until they ran out. There's also several puzzling details in some of their marketing materials. For example, the Big Ten brochure on the site has several pictures of Big Tens with yellow dashboards -- though none were delivered that way, to my knowledge. Some brochures contained pictures of tractors 2 or 3 years old, especially when showing features or attachments.... Bottom line is that these things weren't made in "model years" like we are accustomed to when looking at cars... they seemed to make them until they replaced that particular model, and used up what parts they had....

CleanBee
Thanks Jef, Kent, Kent, I know what you mean about the advertising brochures having unseen variations of the tractor colors. It seems like they used to send out an earlier version of an advertisement photo to the print shop and have them touch it up. Must have been part of the cost saving ideas that made AC the sucessful company that it is today. LOL. Dan