Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

fishnwiz

Forgive me but was that a Honda?

fishnwiz

11 year old Frank cut the White House lawn today with a HONDA!!>:(.  So much for making America great again! O.o

Too bad not a USA name product no matter what the color.

Edited by fishnwiz

ShaunE

Three quotes for government purchases over "X" amount of dollars.  Then the lowest bidder takes all.

At least that's how it works here.  Although, there is still a few people that make the decision on what model the purchase will be.

Pretty easy with lawn & garden equipment.  But try specking out an ambulance, fire engine, Sea-Doo SAR or any other specialized rescue vehicle or police tactical vehicle like a Lenco Bearcat.

Very involved process with several people involved.

Bill725

In regards to push mowers, go to a dealer who sells both B&S and Honda and ask the service man how many Hondas do they see back for service and he will be scratching his head trying to remember when the last Honda was in for service. Then look at what he has in for service.

• Like 3

jimmystractor

Hondas run forever. We may wish it were different but it seems to be the truth. 

Some times we we got to give credit where credit is due.

Also, some of the mowers are made ii the USA...

http://world.honda.com/power/lawnmower/

Edited by jimmystractor
  • Like 1

gravey72

I will agree about the Honda's to a point as far as some of the new tractor stuff out there, but look at all the tractors we have and how old they are. Wondering if there will be Honda's around as long as some of these? 

Hick

Just like the Harley vs Honda Gold Wing argument: The Gold Wing was made in America from 1980 to 2010,  shocks & carbs excepted.
Harleys are parts made all over the world, shipped to America, and assembled here. Their engines are made in Japan! 
My Toyota Camry was made in Ohio. 
So just because the badge originated in Japan, the product could be made in America. And ALL the money made from the sales of American made products stay in America! NONE is sent to Japan. This from a former Toyota employee (ME!).

fishnwiz

Just saying. ...Would have been nice to see an American made unit on the White House lawn.....if we're ever going to "Make America Great Again"

9_9

Plus...you can't buy that kind of publicity....would have been great advertising for a USA made product. JMO

Edited by fishnwiz

tadams

If the money spent by the Government was all put out for bid they would save a lot of money. Have you seen the one about the government employee wanting the government to pay for the private jet to go on his honeymoon. Talk about WASTE, how many lawn mowers would that buy.