Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

speaking of sickle bars--------------

Dave-Saratoga

MPH: I'd like to see a pic, if you feel like takin' one, as I am unclear how my Haban 210 mounts on my 1960 Model 700. I'm assuming a Landlord of that vintage would be the same as my "old iron"?

Here is my question I don't believe from seeing other Haban sickle mowers that they made the one's for Simplicity. I would really like some proof on this does anyone have any? Jeff

Jef, it's a Haban -- check the cover page of the manual below...[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/46_sickle_bar.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/46_sickle_bar.htm[/a]

Does anyone know if the hydraulic lift sickle bar works on the shorter framed B-110 or is that model sickle only for the longer framed tractors (the B-212)? There doesn't appear sufficient room on the B-110 to bolt the pulley bracket to the frame.

Dave and Jordan, my cheap didgtal doen't do flash well and its cloudy and snowy today so this pic isn't much help. The bolt just behind the oil drain is 6 1/4inches from the front of the tractor and the second one is behind the clutch pedal. the strap looks to run about even with the top of the frame. I have yet to bring it in and get the frozen mud thawed off so I don't know much else..MPH Dave, don't think the pic is help enough to e-mail http://a2.cpimg.com/image/92/2E/9254802-6115-028001E0-.jpg

What do you mean by, "Hydraulic lift sickle bar?" Within the next week, I'm going to test mount a "belt drive" (old style), and a "planetary drive" (new style) on B-112 (48" WB), 7000, and 7100 series tractors. I'll post a report here.

Dutch- Think maybe I mispoke the hydraulic part. Here's a better description from reply to your message 6706 "Sorry about the mix up. My sickle bar was the earlier model #210. On this model (same as ebay) The lift was a handle on the sickle bar itself that you have to pull up on and you have to hold unless you put the transport chain on. On the later models (346 on up) the lift used a cable to connect into the lift on the tractor. Thereby allowing you to use the regular lift handle or in luckier circumstances, hydro lift." I am referring to the model with the cable passing from the sickle through a pulley and attaching to the lift arm

Dutch- Think maybe I mispoke the hydraulic part. Here's a better description from a reply to your message 6706: "Sorry about the mix up. My sickle bar was the earlier model #210. On this model (same as ebay) The lift was a handle on the sickle bar itself that you have to pull up on and you have to hold unless you put the transport chain on. On the later models (346 on up) the lift used a cable to connect into the lift on the tractor. Thereby allowing you to use the regular lift handle or in luckier circumstances, hydro lift." I am referring to the model with the cable passing from the sickle through a pulley and attaching to the lift arm

Dave, the one I got last fall was the cable lift and the pulley is mounted on a 64 Landlord so you should be good to go. If you need a pic of the pulley mount I could go get one, that would give me the need to look at it again..MPH

I would be interested in converting my handle bar sickle to a cable since I recently put hydraulics on it. Is it just a bracket with a wheel on it that is missing? Beamer

The old style belt drive 1960's vintage sickle bars will hang from the 7000's, but there is no way to lift it or drive it ( I tried ) . Some modifications may do it, but if your going to hack a sickle bar to do it, it would sadden a lot of people.