Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

912h allis repower with 1972 briggs 12hp

mike 716

Your 12 hp motor has the starter/generator, does it not?  If so, then the regulator terminal (in the picture) labeled 'Battery' goes to the ammeter and then on to the battery.  I am repowering a 7119 with a Briggs Vanguard.  I simply bought a couple of roles of 14 gauge wire and some terminal ends and started over. 

Harnesses?  Harnesses?  We don't need no stinking harnesses.  (apologies to The Treasure of the Sierra Madre).

regulator.png

3 hours ago, BLT said:

He still needs  a grounding ignition switch and why buy one when the original is there.

I agree, but the grounding feature of the ignition switch simply grounds the kill wire from the coil and is independent of the ammeter circuit.  Or are we talking about different things?

13 hours ago, mike 716 said:

anyone here got a good schematic of 3310v wiring graffed engine onto my 912 and need to hookup my ammeter and headlights. help!!!

The best I can help you out is for starts I am guessing you have the sister tractor Simplicity 7112, product number 1690473 similar to your 912 and to get it running with what you have in a Briggs powered version you would need a 7010, product number 1690204. You can download load both operators manuals, they should both have wire diagrams and compare the two.

When I have done a swap from kohler to briggs, i have found it easier to throw everything away and start over. I like to use the schematic from the earlier landlords. I throw away all the safety switches and add a starter button...I saw zippo do this years ago and have done it to my own machines. Simple and easy...

hey thanks so much you guys are awesome.LONG LIVE THE SIMPLICITY LEGACY.I have changed wire harness and ign switch i need a new switch though as this one is about shot. where are they available from?aftermarket perhaps?