Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More fun with the wards (Brantly backhoe… And another Backhoe added)

Talntedmrgreen

In an effort to free up some parking spaces  and pay a couple of seasonal expenses around home I have been letting go of a few tractors. My hope was to find some implements to use on the machines I'm keeping and ease the pain of separation…

And an interesting series of events I wound up with a beautiful Brantley backhoe and Danco loader for my Wards Twin Twenty:J. I'm feeling much better now. 

The Bacot is turnkey and one that I passed up on a few years back when I wound up with my first PowerMax, and Allis 620.   The Danco is an unfinished restoration from a collector in Southeast Michigan. I am going to refinish it in the classic Danco White and order up some decals. I'm impressed with how heavy it appears to be built. It will be nice to have a more unique loader on a hard to find tractor.

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

• Like 4

On 9/25/2017 at 6:32 PM, SmilinSam said:

If you are like me, next you will be looking to aquire a hydraulic dump trailersm01

Got a nice 6 yard dump trailer I have borrowed from a landscaping buddy in the past, when doing jobs with the Legacy backhoe.  That sure is handy, but it is a monster amount of fill to tug when it gets remotely close to filled up.  

I know the collectivity of these tractors but for life can't understand why you would get rid of legacy for older loader and hoe ?

Not wanting to start anything but If I could afford the Legacy I would not want anything that old.

As you all know I'm looking for a loader, if found I will probably get rid of my Allis stuff.  As always just my $.02 and don't mean to offend anyone.

2 hours ago, 720nut said:

I know the collectivity of these tractors but for life can't understand why you would get rid of legacy for older loader and hoe ?

Not wanting to start anything but If I could afford the Legacy I would not want anything that old.

As you all know I'm looking for a loader, if found I will probably get rid of my Allis stuff.  As always just my $.02 and don't mean to offend anyone.

guess we turned you around on the Legacy? 😉

I still have my legacy. I completed all my 'necessary' backhoe work and sold the hoe. It disnt make sense to store, considering they run nearly twice what one of these Brantlys typically costs.  Also, the Legacy hoe has a 9' wode footprint when dismounted!  Mine had to sit outside and it killed me.  The Brantly with telescoping stabilizers is 34" wide when dismounted.  Like you, I enjoy collecting and using the older equipment, but use something modern where I need the efficiency. 

Lloyd dontn always think you need to pre-apologize after sharing your opinion.  Noone is offended by you.  We are all here to have a good time. 👍

I was just wondering when I new you used to have the legacy why you would want something older and less apt to do a job but 

I guess my need would be different from yours as I need something that's going to run day to day.

Don't get me wrong I use both of my tractors day to day but have got to be careful as how , do mainly to the cost of replacement parts

Legacy probably isn't my answer but for now it may do just fine.

Popped the backhoe off tonite so I can get prepped for leaf blowing.  Real slick design...took just moments.  Hides in the back of the garage real nice 😜

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

37 minutes ago, B-16_IC said:

Well that is handy! Not much space lost at all. 

I know!  👍 Roughly the footprint of a 725/B-1 perhaps?  I have a small rolling cart under the bucket and plan to build the platform up a bit.  With the bucket resting higher off the ground, the boom will be folded closer to the main structure of the Hoe and shorten up the space needed even more. 

• Like 1

Well, it looks like the Wards is going to have a brother...and I finally got my hands on an early Brinly blade sm03

00y0y_47SP3lNr8oV_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_i9kYf9TZCyh_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

That's a slam dunk there!:J

Now you have both the hydraulic options if you want to dedicate one tractor to backhoe/loader by utilizing the the loader hydraulic reservoir & pump.

You've got lot's of options dOdfm.

Lets get this straight you just bought a 620 with another back hoe ? 

That means your probably going to need a loader for it to.  Just my $.02

Yeah...it will play a bit of round robin I believe, but I will wind up with teh early Brinly blade I had been looking for, and the seat swivel I need for the Wards.  I have a loader already...just need to find time to get it painted and have some decals made up along with a few hard lines.  

I was able to fetch the second backhoe last night. I’ll have to try and get some daylight pictures here before dark tonight.

The tractor is probably the nicest original PowerMax that I have laid eyes on second only to the blue tractor. It was purchased from the second owner who had it since the mid-80s. It was purchased at the local allis dealership 6 miles from where it lived its days until now.  It included the original manual with all of the purchase information dated 74. I think it could use a little bit of buffing but really just to put a polish on the shine.

I had assumed that the reservoir was a Home fabrication deal but it appears factory made to me. No telling what it was actually off of but the mounts do not appear to be fabricated or modified to fit this tractor. The pump is a Danco SV 40 loader pump… The same one I have here in the garage with my front and loader. There are no witness marks on the tractor to say that a loader has ever been mounted on it.

One pair of it for the dipper will need some touch up welding where it cracked but it appears to be minor. This Backhoe has the optional 16 inch wide bucket which probably put some extra strain on the unit.

F9753E63-BEAA-4E0C-BAC3-67DAB6CC45DA.jpeg

BBF9B196-8FB4-4CDF-B14D-0E47775E651B.jpeg

BE5CB0A6-AD20-41AA-B69F-6FB64E5DC88D.jpeg

1AE7D365-4E70-4D9F-B5DA-3919FC15F71D.jpeg

B82F2D84-AAB9-4FF4-9BAC-BF166EC5998A.jpeg

93C948D4-6180-4B3E-95DC-4183AC2D3234.jpeg

9577260D-7442-4CD5-8059-27630F305FCD.jpeg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts